Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-11-2006 , 12:26 AM

Dr. Willy Lab (from RockMan "or MegaMan")

Has been long time since my last post here in SimplySite...(more then years I think.)

Well I started one new sceane for my excercise, since I`m not very good whit doing environment stuff.
I belive not everyone knows RockMan (Megaman) series, but my idea is to make a lab for the character call Dr.Willy he is the villain inside the story.
But once I`m not aiming the traditional RockMan style, is really not the point to know the original title design, even the story.

So this is a w.i.p. of this lab, and I`m already worked weeks until a get to this.
I`m working on my free time so probably is gonna take awhile to finish it, and unitl there I decide to post here to have some nice (even critique) c&c just to give me some incentive to keep moving on in this lab.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-11-2006 , 01:42 AM
Very nice sceneuser added image

Would be good to see something underneath those grates too if you add a transparency map to the floor. Maybe some different coloured light and shadows to give more mood. Nice work

# 3 17-11-2006 , 05:09 PM
cool! I like this scene and your idea a lot! Looking forward to seeing some updates.
user added image

# 4 21-11-2006 , 07:44 AM
SpaceGoat:
Oh yeh, i will but before I`ll finish modelling the assets in this scene. but thanks for the idea.

And some updates.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 21-11-2006 , 07:47 AM
Because I didn`t texture yet the model is very dark.
So I will leave the wireframe of this.... let say "sleeping-tank".

Attached Thumbnails