Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-12-2006 , 11:27 PM

Graphics Tablet

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of getting a graphics tablet in the near future and thought I would gather some opinions.

What tablets would you guys recommend, maybe other than the Wacomms as they seem a bit pricey (justified must say but I think a A5 intuos is slightly out of my price range)

Or would saving the extra money be justified?

I mainly will be using it for maya, Z brush and photoshop for creating textures and some concept art.

So any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 2 05-12-2006 , 12:38 AM
Subscriber
gster123

I haven't used anything but Wacom - so can't help with critique of other pen tools. At work I'm using an A3 unit (which would be out of almost everyones price range - if bought new!!). At home I've been using a B5 (tiny) unit for many years and find it excellent. The pressure response is the big benifit when compared to using a mouse.

Hope you find something suitable....

Keith

# 3 05-12-2006 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber
yes i would recomend wacom too

u wont use it in maya but it helps a lot in the other apps
although the mouse they give u is usless

i have a wacom intous A5 (half A4)
its a nice size to work with
the A4 is way too pricy and it is huge as there is a lot of redundant space around it.
i would say go with an A5 unless ur seriously into drawing in ps ect.

i would say they r woh there money as they last ages and the nips in the pen are replaceable/interchangable

think of it more of an investment

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 4 05-12-2006 , 05:01 AM
Cheers for the feedback so far guys, Within Maya Iwould use if mainly for artisan tools as I use them quite a bit when refining organic models.

Jsut wondering if anyone has any experiance of trust etc?

Otherthan that I might just save the extra for an A5 Wacomm

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 05-12-2006 , 11:07 AM
i just ordered the wacom intuos3 6x8. It cost me around 300. IVe heard good things and read good things about it. When i get it ill give you my opinions on what i think of it, after i give it a spin. user added image

# 6 05-12-2006 , 04:56 PM
Subscriber
Hey Gster, I'm no expert on drawing tablets but I bought one from here https://www.microdirect.co.uk/Product...ockcode=tablet just down the road from you, I have no problems with it, it does exactly what I need it to. I would definately recommend getting one as they are very competetively priced.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.