Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-12-2006 , 01:17 PM

Conjoining objects?

I am making a scene of a room. There is a notebook in the scene. You know those spirals? Well there are like 20 of the torus shapes and a cube shaped into a notebook. How do I conjoin them all into one object so when I move i don't have to shift click or highlight all the items I just click on one of the circles or the book and it highlights all of the circles (taureses) and book. Thankyou!

https://zoharblur.deviantart.com/
# 2 12-12-2006 , 05:21 PM
Subscriber
Hello ZoharO,

If you select all of the torus objects and press ctrl+g this will group them all together, you will now be able to select one torus and press the up cursor key to select the rest of the group. With the group selected, shift select the notepad cube and press ctrl+g again, this will make a new group containing the cube and the spiral group. All you need to do, to select the notepad, now is select any part of it and hit the up key once or twice (depending on wich part you've chosen) until it is all highlighted.

Voila, job done.

Hope it helps,

Mat.

# 3 12-12-2006 , 09:38 PM
Wow Mat thanks for fast response. I appreciate it! This will help a ton user added image I'd hate to half to select every single torus thanks again

https://zoharblur.deviantart.com/
# 4 12-12-2006 , 10:47 PM
Subscriber
Happy to help.