Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-12-2006 , 10:44 PM

shark

havet posted anything for a while,but heres a shark im working on.please let me know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails

SWEET!
# 2 28-12-2006 , 10:46 PM

side

heres the side.

Attached Thumbnails

SWEET!
# 3 29-12-2006 , 02:56 AM
The mouth doesn't really work. As you can see in this picture.
user added image
Otherwise nice start, am hoping to see some more details.

# 4 29-12-2006 , 02:22 PM
Subscriber
looks good, you need to model from something more side on to get proportions correct i think. there is a tut be Mike floating around, maybe you could mail him and ask where it is or how to get it??

It is a side on referance model done in nurbs, maybe you can do that yourself anyway??

you might be able to find a better referance than the one you are using because that one requires a lot of guess work

take it easy and life will be easy
# 5 29-12-2006 , 07:59 PM

thanks

i think im going to start him over.i modeled him for some stupid reason in a pose.and have hated it ever since.i cant cut him in half and mirror the rest,and i have to judge were the perportions go with how hes posed.i thought id stick it out but the problems keeo getting worse.

SWEET!
# 6 30-12-2006 , 02:45 PM
Subscriber
just think of how much you have learn from the mistakes you make user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 7 30-12-2006 , 03:32 PM

lol

alot,alot.

SWEET!