Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 11-01-2007 , 02:04 PM

Dreadnaught - First big project

Hi
I followed 3dpalace dreadnaught project and I finaly finished.
I added some personal touches like AA missile, pipes, cables, etc.
This is my very first project as a beginner to Maya, so some comments and advices will be greatly appreciated !
Working now on a new interior project :blush:

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

some wires
user added image
user added image

Hope you enjoyed

# 2 11-01-2007 , 03:27 PM
good, but i have a question:
why did you take screenshots of the render window instead of just saving the render out?

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 11-01-2007 , 03:40 PM
lol good question
I usually take screenshot of preview render window since it faster when I want many angles.
I only use render out function when Im presenting a complete finished project.
But yea , I never really thought about this point. Thx for that advice. I'll do this next, time I it will surely make my image quality better

# 4 11-01-2007 , 04:06 PM
Subscriber
looking good, great job on this one...

you planning on texturing this bad boy any?

# 5 11-01-2007 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber
ha cool dude. i have the dreadnaught tut but not working on it now, cuz i've got the apu. will eventually do it someday..
nice work.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 6 12-01-2007 , 05:31 AM
Looks damn good for a "first big project". The only thing I'd say needs a bit of work is the armor on the front. It seems a bit too plain. Unless, of course, you'r going to texture some detail in there. Also, I think it'd be cool to add some battle damage.

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 7 12-01-2007 , 09:39 AM
thx for your comments guys

but Im not skilled enough now to texture it. In fact, I still dont know how to texture. I was introduced a bit about the Hypershade, materials, UV editor, projections, etc. but there's still some things I dont understand.

Right now Im working on an interior project, which I really plan to texture. I just learned about GI and lighting , I probably search for texturing help once Ill finish modeling my scene.

Thx again for your advices