Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 26-01-2007 , 01:39 AM
Subscriber
Cool, thanks for that user added image i never even seen that thread before ...

btw nice update. haha today i was playing the wii and hurt myself. i was playing tennis with my cousin and it was my turn to serve in tennis so i threw the ball up in the air and wacked it as hard as i can since it was match point for me and i had to win... i ended up hitting his light/metal chandeliers which then spun in a 360 and neally fell on my head and my index finger went numb.

funny thing was he didnt care about my finger he cared about the wii controller ;P haha!

marlon

# 17 26-01-2007 , 01:58 AM
Senior Software Developer

Originally posted by marlonjohn
funny thing was he didnt care about my finger he cared about the wii controller ;P haha!

At £34 Sterling ($65ish US, $300 Aussie :p), damn right I'd be more concerned about the controller (j/k) LOL

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 18 26-01-2007 , 02:55 AM
Haha another Wii mishap :p I have one too and its great fun. Got COD3 but will have to trade that in as it's seriously lame user added image Good model too btw user added image

At £34 Sterling ($65ish US, $300 Aussie ), damn right I'd be more concerned about the controller (j/k) LOL

Just gotta correct you on greatly insulting our economy. Our remotes cost $70 if you can find one user added image

# 19 26-01-2007 , 10:29 AM
Subscriber
haha ransid...

"Our remotes cost $70 if you can find one"

yeah there impossible to find here in some areas user added image

# 20 26-01-2007 , 10:48 AM
I thought the controllers for Wii was fun for half an hour, after that it's just a console with graphics capacity from 2002.

The model looks fine, but the glow are waaaay to exaggerated.

# 21 26-01-2007 , 08:01 PM
Shows you have not played one. Remember the Wii is not there to compete with the XBox360 or the whenever it arrives Playstation (Delayed Again) 3. Its a console in its own right. Try playing one and then play a XBox (any) or a PS and you will see it beats them hands down for any type of playability.

DJ you need to discover things for yourself and not just repeat what you have heard from others or have read online.

The best console imho. Granted the PS3 is all about looks, but thats about it and at £60 sterling for a game they can keep it too.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
# 22 26-01-2007 , 08:16 PM
It's also official that the Wii is indeed winning the console wars and some industry professionals say it will stay at the top for another 2 years till Xbox and PS3 slowly take over. Also many people think the PS3 is just not worth it with one man boldly claiming that it should just be recalled. But sorry I'm not really trying to start a console argument here as they are all pretty good and have their own strengths.

And back on topic. When are those new renders gonna come in user added image

# 23 26-01-2007 , 10:59 PM
Ransid, as I wrote I played one and as I also wrote it has a news factor for 30 mins, after that It's just a Gamecube with a new controller, a controller that lacks accuracy. This is my opinion and no one else's.

# 24 26-01-2007 , 11:06 PM
Still say that the opinion you have given is limited to 30 mins then!!! But lets not argue about it. The controllers I have are 100% accurate... And do exactly what I want.

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 25 28-01-2007 , 07:15 PM
OK slaving away... Here is another render.

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 26 28-01-2007 , 07:20 PM
looking very cool R@nSiD!user added image

Still trying to get my hands on one of these but they are sold out everywhere I go.:shakehead

# 27 29-01-2007 , 04:06 AM
Subscriber
haha looks like the wii for for sure now, i like the look of it espeicially the cd, great job on that lol!

well i can say for sure is that after playing for 20 mins you get over one game, then you continue to the next lol... your arm gets soo tired you have to rest or sometimes even take of your t-shirt lol

marlon

(try preordering it online if your not too scared from buying it off the internet arran lol, or go to your local games store and pre-order it there)

# 28 29-01-2007 , 07:49 AM
Wow that looks great. Love the disc

# 29 29-01-2007 , 11:08 AM
Looking really good!

The CD looks great as well as the overall model, have you done the otherside of it, CD, i mean?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 30 29-01-2007 , 12:16 PM
I have done the other side of the CD, but I cant get the shader right to give the rainbow effect. If anyone kknows how that would be gr8.

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter