Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-02-2007 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber

batch rendering problems

Hi all,

I am having a problem batch rendering out my scene. In the render globals i have put start=1 and endframe=270 but everytime i Batch render it renders the first frame, then it says the render is complete. This problem can get very frustrating. If anyone that have any suggestions...... please HELP. it took a long time to put this scene together as i am a student and i'm desperate.

# 2 05-02-2007 , 04:08 AM
throw up a screen grab of the common tab for us to look at.

# 3 05-02-2007 , 05:37 AM

globals

under your render globals theres a box up near the top that says something like file#frame(im not near my comp) change that to the second or third one down both will work.if you dont change that setting it will only render one frame.

SWEET!
# 4 05-02-2007 , 06:58 AM
Subscriber
thanks for the reply guys. But i'm still having this problem. I took a screen shot of my render globals so you can see what i have done. If you have anymore suggestions, please let me know. I appreaciate it a lot.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 05-02-2007 , 07:04 AM
Try turning off the depth channel. Probably won't make a difference but worth a try.

Are there any messages in the output window?

# 6 05-02-2007 , 07:10 AM
Subscriber
The Output window says its finished rendering. No errors.

# 7 05-02-2007 , 07:22 AM
Not the script editor, the output window.

Did turning off depth channel make a difference?

Also, try rendering from windows. Close Maya, and right click on your file and select render.

# 8 05-02-2007 , 07:34 AM
Subscriber
Oh my God, Dann you are the greatest :attn: you just saved me.
It actually renders when i do it from windows. It's really wierd that it wont render from maya itself. I'm wondering if i can still render in layers like this?

# 9 05-02-2007 , 07:53 AM
Glad it worked. My guess is it's a memory issue. When Maya is open, it uses a lot of extra RAM and the renderer has less to work with.