Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 15-02-2007 , 09:01 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
the neck tendony area....

Yeah I agree, a little more volume wouldnt hurt. Plus I need the Z practice anyway....

Cheers guys

Jay

# 17 15-02-2007 , 11:55 AM
I agree with everyone else, it looks mighty cool. I love the graphic novel, such a great version of the joker, dark and twisted, hopefully they'll use this backstory for the new movie.

So once this is modelled are you planning on recreating the famous front cover of the novel? that'd look pretty sweet in 3d methinks :p

Last edited by Rostoons; 15-02-2007 at 12:00 PM.
# 18 15-02-2007 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by legendofzombi
<---gulps a bit
At the risk of sounding.....Mentally..Challenged..
What is a ...Sternal MAstoid?
:headbang:
G

its the muscle from back of the ear to clavicle. ususally thick and pronounced. user added image

# 19 15-02-2007 , 04:43 PM
from that drawing i'm assuming you mean the 'sternocleidomastoid muscle'?

while looking at the first pic in the post i've gotta say i do see it, but it looks to come moreso from the jaw than from the ear. at the same time, i'd have to argue that it's a 3d rendering of a cartoon character. if the actual drawing had a defined sternoaihetlKAEnh,knaeal muscle, then yea i'd expect to see it. if not, then he was thoughtful to at least create something that represented it.

(oh and how many people FROM HERE actually make sure to represent the majority of the muscles? - besides wishbonekenobi, who went all out and made his t-rex from the bones up - cause i haven't noticed... although most models here seem to be artistic representations of busts, at best. i'm sure that when the greeks made the original bust of whoever it was that's being modeled for the monthly competition didn't keep track of all the muscles in the neck... although i do appreciate the comment due to it's contribution to realistic tendancies in the human form.)

Accept no substitutions.
# 20 15-02-2007 , 10:05 PM
hey guys

Yup its there, I just havent put enough in right now as I agreed with earlier in the thread, it does need more volume as it ends way to low right now. It is a cartoon character but I'd like to add some realism to it. But be aware of this subject because I feel also the need to give way to artistic license, because apart from the sternocleidomastoid muscle not being overly present, lets face it, who the hell has a jaw like this?

As far as modeling inside to outside like the T-Rex, thats just a preference on how technical you want to go, you dont need to model that stuff to be accurate in any representation of a bust, creature etc. Its about observation as a whole at the end of the day, and even with that stuff in the model you can or could still get it wrong.

Cheers
Jay

# 21 16-02-2007 , 04:14 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay
lets face it, who the hell has a jaw like this?

Jey leno's JAw would loo quite like that, were he to lose 100lbs..
LoL
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 22 16-02-2007 , 04:22 AM
That is beautifully creepy :mg:

# 23 16-02-2007 , 09:30 PM
Hey Guys

A small update, Im busy working on a 3d matte painting at the moment which takes presidence over this Im afraid. This will get done though but just a bit longer than expected. Ive been sculpting the lips upper and lower to give a bit more volume and also a slightly sharper edge, I may smooth the lower lips back a bit though looking at this now.

I'll be adding more wrinkles on displacement maps for the eye areas, forehead, neck stretching and some veins to add more evil to him. Plus I want that smile looking like its just goingto pop because of its extremeness

Cheers for now

Jay

user added image

# 24 16-02-2007 , 10:24 PM
WOW! :mg:

"If you think you can or if you think you can't....... you're right!"
- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios