Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 10-12-2002 , 06:50 PM

Train Modeling

Hi Guys
im decided to try and model a train.
ive set up my image planes (Ive included a screen shot), can someone please tell me where a good place would be to start coz i dont know, and also, would it be best to use polyons or nurbs.

# 2 11-12-2002 , 12:17 AM
The Maya Mountain
it's all a matter of preferences of course, but I would simply start with a cube and go from there, extruding and splitting as needed. There are some who disagree with this method, though. user added image

# 3 11-12-2002 , 03:19 AM
SM Alumni
Look at the train and break it down into parts...that part looks like a cube with a hole in it....a cylinder here with the top widened,etc. Then use what you want to create it. I frequently mix Nurbs and Polys when I can. I prefer Nurbs but I always use poly cubes user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 4 11-12-2002 , 06:05 AM
Subscriber
well, what i would do is split the window,the wheels, the top and the doors this, that and model each seperate and then when i am done with everything i stich em'.... using the evil rusty needleuser added image..