Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-02-2007 , 03:33 PM

large DWG files to export!

I'm exporting some comples geometrys that I can't really reduce down, and opening them up in vecortworks. they are so big that they won't even open. Despite optimising the scene size or reducing the polycount, is there anything I can do to reduce these files?

# 2 23-02-2007 , 01:38 AM
Subscriber
Are they not opening at all or is it just taking so long that it seems like they aren't opening? I've done somthing similar through vector works and it took hours to import into maya, and it wasn't even that complex. If it's just spinning the wheels for a long time then start it before you go to bed or something. Also I think you can export it in another format through vector works. That might be faster...