Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 46 26-07-2006 , 12:49 PM
Subscriber
what a lovely plane. Well done, I think the polikarpovs shape is much more interesting and destinct than spitfire or messerschmitt.
cool project!

# 47 17-03-2007 , 11:03 AM
Banned
been a while, have a few months untill i start uni. Am back into texturing. Have worked on finishing this plane. Realy want to improve on texturing. Could someone please give me advice on some good rendering tutorials - anything. Had a shot at a composite using the same technique from the apache tutorial

Attached Thumbnails
# 48 17-03-2007 , 11:04 AM
Banned
the composite..

Attached Thumbnails
# 49 19-03-2007 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber
Meredith

This plane is looking really good now, did you visit the Paint Simmers website for help?

I am afraid that I don't know much about compositing other than what it is, I think there are some tutorials on it that come with Maya - I'll have a look.

Are you going to put insignia on this plane BTW?

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 50 19-03-2007 , 10:14 AM
Subscriber

# 51 19-03-2007 , 11:08 AM
Very nice......very cool render

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 52 19-03-2007 , 10:41 PM
Banned
Cheers guys
Gazza Cheers bro, have you seen these planes flying? I'm from nz so have seen 8 all flying formation in nz when they came out of restoration. The noise and atmosphere of them flying past is just amazing. If i win lotto its the 1st thing i would want.
Cheers for the link you have gave me, awesome link thanks Sooo much.
Macs are awesome - no problems so far - 2.5 yrs old. Getting a bit slow but still great. Hey are you from nz since not many people would know that’s Wanaka.
Thanks farbtopf for the link for after effects I’ll give it a go tonight. Cheers Gamester is not that flash at all.
Note to self, don’t put detail into a poor a texture with small resolution.
Trying a bit of motionblur with a env sky - nope theres no pilot.

Attached Images
# 53 20-03-2007 , 10:20 AM
Subscriber
Looks really good! The only thing I noticed was that it looked like some of the wheels were are not touching the ground on the composite image. I am not enough of a compositing artist to give you help on that, but that is the only thing I noticed.

Open your eyes... Someone or something powerful created these creatures, these draconians... This is a war of conquest... This is the portent of the fallen stars... We face a foe who seeks, at the very least, to enslave us, or perhaps destroy us completely.
# 54 21-03-2007 , 02:14 AM
Subscriber
Meredith

I haven't seen these planes flying and would love to, I know about them since I am a bit of an aeroplane enthusiast and play flight sims occasionally (get in the way of 3D work).

I am glad the link to flight simmers was useful, there are some real good plane skins there and tutorials.

Nice to see another Mac Maya user what spec is your machine and what version of Maya are you running on it? I am stuffed on the Mac front since I have an Intel Mac but no version 8.5 - yet!

As for Wanaka, I spotted the Polikarpov flying over it in 'Aeroplane' magazine - 'Warbirds over Wanaka' a year back, I think the legendary Ray Hannah was flying the P-40 in the fly over.

Have a look at my Hurricane and tell me what you think…

Attached Thumbnails

Gazzamataz
# 55 22-03-2007 , 11:54 PM
Banned
Cheers man.
Got a 1.5 ghz 17inch power book. Only 512 ram! but am gonna pimp my laptop later this week. Am running maya 7.0 - dont care about the newer versions, they dont look that much different and just chew up ur wallet.
Yep the one and only ray hanner, was sad about what happened to his son. They use to fly together at warbirds over wanaka - amazing pilots
Am now gonna be working on the enemy (junker) , will not post progress untill the end to save posting a whole lot of images.
Gotta job now so dont have too much time to fit in 3d.

Attached Thumbnails
# 56 23-03-2007 , 03:35 AM
Subscriber
the last render "the composite" looks stunning... no crits atm. i really like the model plane and everything else such as texture, backround and that, job well done user added image

# 57 25-03-2007 , 08:52 PM
replied to an old message by mistake.. deleted

# 58 25-03-2007 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
those planes are looking great. I love planes and everyting that flyes since I was small and went to an airshow.
@gazzamataz I'm using maya on mac too. Unfortunately no 8.5 either. Do you know anything about weher it will make a huge speed difference going from 8 to 8.5 on the intels?

# 59 27-03-2007 , 09:49 AM
Subscriber

Do you know anything about weher it will make a huge speed difference going from 8 to 8.5 on the intels?

I am afraid until I get my hands on it I don't really know. But I can imagine when it comes to rendering time with two dual cores it rocks.

As for the GPU's there are not many to choose from on the Mac front. I am relieved to see that Autodesk are supporting the Intel Macs though.

Think I am going to finish my Hurricane now user added image

Gazzamataz
# 60 27-03-2007 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber