Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-03-2007 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber

G.I. rigging preparation.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but i was wondering what is the best way to prepare the G.I. model for rigging, well mainly binding.

The reason I ask is that the model is made from different separate parts. e.g. boots, shirt, head, arms, etc....

Should I stitch them all together to make one piece of geometry before binding? Or is there a better way?...grouping etc.

Thanks

Sometimes you eat the bear...Sometimes the bear eats you...
Either way...shit happens

https://www.fadedseoul.com
# 2 26-03-2007 , 09:23 AM
i don't think you need to either stitch or group your model. come to think of it, grouping the model first and THEN binding might create double deformations on your model.

i'd just select everything you want to bind to the skeleton, then select your root bone, and bind.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 26-03-2007 , 12:10 PM
Subscriber
cool, thanks...That sounds easy!....Its just that my model turned out really well and I have made a full rig for it and i dont want to mess it up by doing somthing small and stupid haha...

I am making muscles (blend shapes) and will use them as influences so he moves nicely ...lots of work..

Sometimes you eat the bear...Sometimes the bear eats you...
Either way...shit happens

https://www.fadedseoul.com