Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 31-03-2007 , 09:54 PM
it was rumored if you played a windows disk backwards you would hear satanic noises....better that than playing it forwards as it would install windows!:p

joke lol

I love my mac

# 17 31-03-2007 , 10:37 PM
Subscriber
Dude.., no stress user added image peace be upon the world (except people with PCs) user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 18 31-03-2007 , 10:48 PM
Subscriber
get a life

# 19 01-04-2007 , 06:53 AM
Thanks for the help and suggestions. I am actually thinking of getting a laptop in the semi near future (about 4-5 months). Only because I have a study hall in school which is 42min long that i can work with maya then, and i can bring the laptop along and have a change in scenery since im infront of my computer 24/7 right now. I was looking into macs, and was comparing them to Dell laptops, HP, Acer, ect. and they do seem amazing for running software. A miniumum amount of crashes/flaws and amazing user ratings. The only problem is the money. 1100 dollars for a basic Mac laptop. Im looking to spend no more than 750-800$ on a decent laptop to run maya smooth. I mainly play older games (Wc3, Counter-Strike, & other online games) anyway. But if I had the money I would definitely seriously think about getting a Mac just for the ease of use. My computer now, the Hardrive burnt out, so I had to pick up a new 200gb hardrive, install that, and now im up and running with Maya again! The files stored on my old hardrive were practice, the revolver i probably would have done some more with but that one model isnt worth getting the files off the corrupted hard drive.
Im going to make another post devoted to an arachnid type creature im making, and i need lots of help with that, adding fur and making it creepy and realistic. But thanks for the help!

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 20 01-04-2007 , 09:39 AM
Subscriber
Kinddogofwar, if you can find 'shave and hair cut' you'll never look back.
Im sue you'll get what you need, the Mac is a good machine but so is the PC, the Mac does justify the price once you have spent a little time on it. I hear they used to crash a lot, they seem to have fixed that according to the forums i have been on. the money?? In for the penny in for the pound. good luck.

as for fartbopf,, may the blue bird of happiness (or any bird) take correct aim at you eye (or anywhere on the head) as it passes over you, I hear bird droppings means money.., you might 'get lucky' and be able to afford to buy that mac and maybe 'a life' too. luckily I already have both (and a PC), so dont sweat it, but thanks for your concern.

# 21 01-04-2007 , 04:00 PM
Subscriber
sorry didn't mean to be rude mirek,:hug: :hug: I just don't see the point arguing about something which is entirely up to personal opinion and taste. And there was this mac vs. pc thread a while ago and it did lead nowhere.
As for the bird, I don't think enough money will buy you a life, but a mac, and that's what I did a while ago.

# 22 02-04-2007 , 04:37 AM
Subscriber
https://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...part=1#1137498

that link should put the mac PC question to rest forever??

OK, sorry about that, I thought the mac PC thing has been bashed so long its a joke

the thing about the net is its text and 'get a life' is hard to understand and easily taken out of context.., ( especially since lately I feel like im related to the robot on 'red darf' but thanks much appreciated and it seems you have a good sense of humour, considering that mail I wrote and you turned it into something quite funny,its true money will not buy a life.., funniest thing.., is you have a Mac??

take care user added image

# 23 02-04-2007 , 02:27 PM
Subscriber
user added image in fact I've got two. One really old ibook, which is still perfectly fine but as animation compositing and maya are concerned it is, -well not quite up for it. And my new baby is a macPro hmmmmmmmm dribble... soo faaast, -more dribble... user added image

I've used pc's 21 years of my life and I don't think I'm going back unless they change drasticly or run osx.
BUT -thats just my opinion if someone prefers pcs, -fine. I'm not interested in converting anyone here.

# 24 02-04-2007 , 03:52 PM
no offense to kinddogofwar, but i've decided to start ignoring this thread as it's become a mac vs. pc flamewar. would really like to know if it starts becoming about the revolver again, though.

Accept no substitutions.
# 25 02-04-2007 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber
no, no flamewar, I think the revolver has been put on hold tough

# 26 03-04-2007 , 01:42 AM
Subscriber
guess, strider doesn't have a mac and didnt see the whole project got scrapped?? anyway, I thought we helped kinddogofwar decide what to get?? nothing wrong with helping anyone (I dont know how anyone could take me seriously at all anyway, for me SM is a place I like to come to, help a bit and have a bit of a joke, get some advice.., not to make trouble)

anyway, yea mine is a mac blah blah .., I Mac..,amazingly fast balh blah 24 something.., blah blah and so quiet.., too,as for converting.., It thought the whole thing a bit of a joke as people are so sick of the mac b;ah blah war.., I didnt think anyone could take it seriously. I have both (two Pcs and a mac actually) anyway so how could I covert anyone to anything.., wouldn't want to wouldnt try.., but if someone asks my opinion.., well its what your used to and why do you need it for.., and get a mac LOL just joking!

25 years of macs.., man thats going through a lot of ups and downs with them, a dedicated follwer, understandably too. my hat off to yu

cheers dude

how anyone could get upset over 'what computer..?.., I'll never know'

I dont mind being ignored bu some people anyway.., you haven't lived until you've been ignored LOL

cheersuser added image

dont worry about strider.., hes always grumpy :bandit:

# 27 03-04-2007 , 03:43 AM
i am! maybe it's cause i haven't gone out to the bars in a while... but wait! i'm going tonight! =D

Accept no substitutions.
# 28 04-04-2007 , 12:27 AM
Subscriber
whew, now we can all get some rest user added image user added image