Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 12-04-2007 , 11:40 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by NeoStrider
i wish i could have taken pictures of it, but my ex-boss has an actual antique vase from china in the basement of his house. it's at least 4 feet tall, and is ornate as all ****. actually, lemme message him about it, i know for the current week he'll be in panama (he's a huge fan of the MMA, and is a trainer/ring advisor for chris brennan... and a good friend of butterbean) for about 5 days or so, but if i can get good pics you really should consider this vase as a template. it's awesome.

Sounds good neo thanks.

# 32 12-04-2007 , 11:43 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Anm8or
you can add some style to that banksta. . .its lookin a lil . . .pudgy.

some good news. . .we are going to move the shoot date up to this week. so will get to see some comps to see how your stuff is workin in the sequences. so if you are doin stuff for the video, and you are having any questions or problems please let me know. i will do my best to give good direction.

Gotcha Anm8or. I think I will go to the antique shop and get some live references.

# 33 13-04-2007 , 06:48 AM
Subscriber
gonna do some place holder shots today. . .its comin fellas!!!!

# 34 13-04-2007 , 08:33 PM
update on texturing. need to lessen the specular.

user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 35 17-04-2007 , 02:26 AM
Subscriber
hey neo did you use nurbs or polys to make your wagon?

# 36 19-04-2007 , 12:29 PM
polys. OH and i have the reference pics of the vase i was talkin about! i gotta shrink them down in photoshop first though... if you want the high def images send me a PM with an email address...

if i remember right, it's around 30k polys... but then again i reduced the floor panels so it might be less now.

Accept no substitutions.
# 37 20-04-2007 , 02:17 PM
Subscriber
neo the cart is looking great. . .keep up the good work. remember the cart will move, so some motion blur will be applied. so if u add any text to a texture, make sure it is very hi res. your texture should be 2k x 2k at least.

some really good news as well. . .we were supposed to shoot yesterday, but due to some internal challenges not related to this program, we rescheduled two more weeks. another good thing is the program will most likely air on memorial weekend. it is for sweeps and that weekend is always a larger viewing audience. dunno why, i myself will be outside partyin.

# 38 27-04-2007 , 12:27 PM
i'm trying an alternate color scheme...

user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 39 03-05-2007 , 07:58 AM
didn't have sufficient texture sizes... will recreate textures to meet 2k-square specs.

Accept no substitutions.