Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-05-2007 , 11:14 AM

how to import a basic image

hi anyone who gets this message i would really really apreciate your help how do you just import a basic image in to maya 7.0 yes you guessed it i am new to it all i just need to get help from one of you people that understands maya software i have to give it to you you are verry clever people email me if possible ianandhyde@yahoo.co.uk thanx so much people

# 2 02-05-2007 , 04:55 PM
If you want to import an image as an image plane:

1) in one of the orthographic views (top, front or side), choose View -> Image Plane -> Import Image...

2) Browse to your image and choose it.

If you want to import an image as a texture or material:

1) Create a simple shader; blin, lambert, phong, etc...

2) With the shader selected, open up the attribute editor (ctrl + a); across from "color" there is an image of a black-and-white checker. Click it.

3) A window should open up; choose file.

4) Your attribute editor should update to show the file node of the material network; next to the blank line, there is a folder icon. Click it.

5) Browse to your image and choose it.

Hope that helps ^_^

# 3 03-05-2007 , 01:42 PM

hi

hi there thanx friend 4 helping me out you are amazing and it works fantastic big gold star for you from me thanx again so much i really really do apreciate your help if it wasnt 4 people liuke you having the knowlage i would have no chance at all