Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-06-2007 , 08:42 PM
Subscriber

Posted on YouTube!

Hi folks! It's been a while since I last posted (been busy with advanced Maya classes, work, National Guard, &c &c), but I finally have something to show! I posted this yesterday on YouTube, and it can be found HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_category=0

(cut and paste the link if necessary). Please comment! More to follow as I fill up the ol' account! (FYI it's entitled "I coulda been a contender" and features Package Man and one of my own characters)

Carry on smartly, all!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 2 08-06-2007 , 12:19 AM
ha ha - good job Lt Jim - and great choice of dialogue. user added image

# 3 08-06-2007 , 02:43 AM
Subscriber
Thanks, Arran! Hope you've been well! :-)

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 4 08-06-2007 , 08:38 AM
Subscriber
Very nice, but why so upset over being a bum? Like Mirek's quote. Take it easy and life will be easy.
Lovely animation.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 5 08-06-2007 , 10:50 AM
I love it think its good. I still havent finished the dog been busy gonna get back into it tonight.

https://www.dell.com/html/global/topics/gaming/en/us/us/dhs/systems-notebook.html

gimme.
# 6 09-06-2007 , 02:01 PM
Subscriber
Hey Jim! long time no see ... welcome back

Haha the animation looks great, looking forward to seeing more work. Keep us posted user added image

cheers, Marlon

# 7 10-06-2007 , 04:16 AM
Nice going Jim, looks good!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 8 10-06-2007 , 10:21 AM
Subscriber
Thanks, everyone! More to follow. One thing I learned in the past few months is the importance of a good rig for one's characters. I've been studying rigging and IK/FK blending, as well as working on blocking out animations. It's much like traditional animation, but different enough to land a veteran like me back to square two!

My new demo reel is about finished, and I will have more time to hang out here! Carry on smartly...!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 9 11-06-2007 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber

My new demo reel is about finished, and I will have more time to hang out here! Carry on smartly...!

Cool, Give us a shout out when you are completely happy to send it out so that people can see etc ... id love to take a look at it user added image

Last edited by marlonjohn; 11-06-2007 at 12:30 AM.
# 10 24-06-2007 , 03:37 AM
Subscriber
I posted three new pieces on YouTube in the last couple of days, with more following shortly! Enjoy, and feel free to comment/critique!

"Ad astra per aspera..."