Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 76 05-07-2007 , 01:29 PM
Cheers t1ck135! I've actually been considering bailing out on the idea of 4 arms. The more I think it out, the more 4 arms doesn't make sense. Not just in muscle structure but skeletal structure as well. 4 arms look cool but wouldn't be structurally sound.

Anyway, you're right about the knees. I havn't done much to the legs yet, but about to. There's still an ngon right above the knee I have to deal with too (and a couple near the crotch/naval). Trying to decide how many toes to give it.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 05-07-2007 at 01:35 PM.
# 77 05-07-2007 , 01:32 PM
Updated wire

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 78 05-07-2007 , 02:00 PM
Close up of hand. Had to model it twice. After the first time, my computer crashed (from too much history I think). Man that burns me up. I wasn't saving my work as often as I should have. Not the greatest looking hand but I'm learning.

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!
# 79 05-07-2007 , 07:14 PM
Jr.Who
IÕm doing my second hand right now (first hand that IÕm texturing), and theyÕre mad hard.

# 80 05-07-2007 , 09:13 PM
hands are my favouryte part of human body :blush: quite difficult to do but if you try you'll get it.
xD
when you have finished modeling man hands then try to model woman hands...

# 81 06-07-2007 , 07:54 AM
Wings. I could use some feedback on the shape. I'm using the dragon tutorial from Tutorialscentral and a Malcolm TG Reel I came across as references.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 82 06-07-2007 , 08:01 AM
Thats one hell of an alien Ninja dude! Beautiful work

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 83 06-07-2007 , 08:22 AM
Thanks kinddoggofwar! I'm glad you're liking it. I'm hoping it turns out to be a decent model when I finish it.

Exceed Expectations!
# 84 06-07-2007 , 01:59 PM
Nice going man, likine the wings, think I would make them less symmetrical with regards to the little rips in them, just to add a bit of character to him.

How are you going to ninja him up?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 85 06-07-2007 , 06:17 PM
Thanks gster123, I'll finish the wings then and some character to them (or at least attempt to).

To make him into a ninja, I'm going to start by giving him two toes since ninja's have that two toe thing going on. Then I'm going to give him kind of a shoulder strap (goes diag across chest) to hold a few shuriken (don't ask me how they stay in, just seen pics on the web). He will be holding two katana's, an have black pants with some wrist and shin guards. I'm also going to give him one or two arm bands. I'm still not sure about the face. I don't want to cover his whole face and hide the work that I've done (although I don't mind) and I've thought of giving him the eye cover like TMNT. His skin will be dark so I think I can get away with him not wearing the top black shirt (I guess its all one piece though, a ghi)

Exceed Expectations!
# 86 07-07-2007 , 01:43 AM
yeah! Nice work perfecto - this is looking very cool - i really like the wings - and I think once you have added all of the shuriken stars and katanas, this will look pretty evil! user added image

i must admit i think it's a shame that you're not sticking to the four arms design - with a weapon in each hand and him flying through the air like in your concept - that would have looked really cool! I'm sure you could make the anatomy work - after all the wings are just another set of hands as well.

either way this is shaping up nicely! user added image

# 87 07-07-2007 , 02:14 AM
19 year Veteran
The wings look awsome to me, no crit from me. user added image

# 88 07-07-2007 , 02:26 AM
The Maya Mountain
wow nice progress! Keep it up!

# 89 07-07-2007 , 02:44 AM
you could always slap some arms on between the current arms and wing attachments further down the back - that could give you an interesting effect user added image

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 90 07-07-2007 , 03:44 AM