Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-08-2007 , 09:33 PM
Subscriber

Rig from start to (hopefully) finish

It'll be a few more weeks before school starts, and although I'm trying to find a full time job, the pickings seem pretty thin.

I'm trying to learn mel scripting, but theres only so much of that i can handle at once. Every once in a while i try and model a head to see if im getting any better. I'm pretty happy with where this one is headed, so i think im going to expand this project and make a facial rig, and maybe a full body rig if all goes well.

Heres where I'm at so far on modeling the head.

Attached Thumbnails

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm.
# 2 29-08-2007 , 12:20 AM
Subscriber
gah, i suck at modeling ears...at least im not happy with this nurbs one i just made.

I think this is as good as the nurbs is going to get, so I converted to poly.

Next step - stitching the parts together

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 30-08-2007 , 12:28 PM
Subscriber

Eyes Attached and fixed topology

I put in the eyes, which could have been easier if i put more time into setting it up with matching topology. Also, i was unhappy with the amount of loops in my mesh i put in for nose detailing, so i deleted most of that and reworked it a little in poly mode.

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 30-08-2007 , 12:30 PM
Subscriber
with no wires

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 30-08-2007 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber
Attached the ears...still dont like them, but oh well, and neck. I attached my first few blendshapes and added some teeth.

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 30-08-2007 , 10:12 PM
Subscriber
another pose with wire

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 01-09-2007 , 04:10 PM
Subscriber
Well, I got a lot farther in the blendshape game only to find that i need to change the base mesh :/ i didn't give myself geometry for the eyebrows, the expression should be more neutral, and when i added the inside of the mouth I wasn't careful to keep it symmetrical, so now i cant use the plugin from highend3d to mirror my blends.....oh well, its all part of the learning process. While I'm at it, Ill see what i can do about those eyes.