Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 28-09-2007 , 05:13 AM
yes im using a 3 button mouse, and no, i can use the short cut keys, q,w,e,r,t, but i cannoy mouse click them to active them

# 17 28-09-2007 , 07:45 AM
Jr.Who
Could it possibly be a mouse driver issue? user added image

# 18 28-09-2007 , 10:16 AM
i dont know, if it is how do i see or fix it?

# 19 28-09-2007 , 01:57 PM
Jr.Who
Man, this is pretty confusing! user added image

What model and brand is your mouse?

Also, can you post a pic of Maya with the object selected, and one of the manipulator tools selected, so we can see if there’s any problems there?

# 20 28-09-2007 , 10:30 PM
I'm assuming the manipulators don't show up in any of the views? ie. Top view, side view, etc.

Edit: Select your object. Then hold down the shift key and middle mouse button. While holding them down move your mouse. Does the object move?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 21 14-10-2007 , 02:30 AM
Turn off Caps Lock.user added image

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 22 22-10-2007 , 08:04 AM
Did it work, cause I was serious about that.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 23 22-10-2007 , 04:57 PM
I am confused by the question. Are you saying when you select an object and then left click on the move, scale, or rotate tool buttons in the toolbox to the left of the screen the manipulator does not appear?

I can't see how that can happen. If it was a mouse problem and it was not seeing you left clicking on the toolbox tool icons then I would think that you would be unable to left click on the object to select it.

Can you create a polygon cube and then deselect it by clicking anywhere in the screen but not on the object. Then press 5 for shaded mode. Then reselect the object by left clicking on it. Then with the object selected left click on the move, rotate, and scale tools.

Grab a screen capture with the object selected and the mouse pointer over the tools as you are clicking. Also you should get a tooltip popup as you hover the mouse pointer over the tool (you can see the tooltip popup briefly before I select the rotate tool in the vid capture below).

So that I am clear on your problem I made this screen vid capture. This is what you are saying you cannot do...

https://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...nt=project.flv

Last edited by ctbram; 22-10-2007 at 05:02 PM.