Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-10-2007 , 03:02 PM

M4 Carbine

Here's the M4 I've worked on a month ago or so, and I am trying to texture right now.

user added image

Thoughts/comments/suggestions/criticism appreciated.

Also, does anyone know of any good texturing tutorials? I have no clue where to start..

# 2 25-10-2007 , 04:34 PM
very nice!
good detailed modeluser added image

You think you know, but you have no idea
# 3 25-10-2007 , 04:59 PM
Thanks. user added image

That was my first detailed model I've worked on and actually have gotten that far.

..I'll probably lose interest in texturing and start a new model though..

# 4 25-10-2007 , 07:42 PM
i was thinking about modelling an m4 carbine did you work off blueprints or reference photos, where did you start and if you did could i have a look at them all help would be great.
p.s that is an amazing detail job

# 5 26-10-2007 , 02:27 AM

Originally posted by anasasis
i was thinking about modelling an m4 carbine did you work off blueprints or reference photos, where did you start and if you did could i have a look at them all help would be great.
p.s that is an amazing detail job

I used two (huge) side view reference pictures. One was of the left side of the gun, the other of the right. They were from the same source too, so I barely had to do any re-adjusting in Maya to get them to match.
Besides those, I used about...5 to 10 other reference pictures, for parts like the iron sights, the 'for lack of better term' "bullet-ejector", and a few other parts.

..and thanks. user added image

Edit: Here are the two pictures I used to set up the reference planes:
https://www.colt.com/mil/downloads/m4_01.jpg
https://www.colt.com/mil/downloads/m4_02.jpg
They're pretty big lol..

Last edited by GhosTz; 26-10-2007 at 02:30 AM.