Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-11-2007 , 02:56 AM

Helmet & goggles

the helmet and goggles are made in Maya 8 and are all nurbs, from the tutorial on the area, the head is a downloaded head cant remember from where but hey.

the texture of the skin is nothing i couldn't get my sss shader to work so its just a coloured lambert.

user added image

C&C please

My Website
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN

Last edited by aleg8r; 08-11-2007 at 02:59 AM.
# 2 08-11-2007 , 04:25 AM
reworked the helmet texture abit.

user added image

user added image

This one is just for fun user added image

user added image

My Website
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN
# 3 08-11-2007 , 07:48 AM

Hmmm...

Aren't the googles and helmet pre-made from one of the Maya books? I have that book and the models. Which part is your own work?

EA Games
# 4 08-11-2007 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber
you could make the goggles more realistic by putting some reflections on it. that would go well with it.

# 5 08-11-2007 , 03:24 PM

Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by djknucklez1
Aren't the googles and helmet pre-made from one of the Maya books? I have that book and the models. Which part is your own work?

He said that it was from a tutorial on the Area, maybe the ones in the book are the same as the tutorial since its all autodesk.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 08-11-2007 , 04:45 PM

Originally posted by BadG3r
you could make the goggles more realistic by putting some reflections on it. that would go well with it.

i would if my poor pc would render hdris but it cant as my nice amd 64 wont work it just keeps blue screening so i am using a dell p4 with stock intel gfx and 1 gig ram so i can realy render any high quality pics as there is always spots on the render user added image but i guess i could try faking it user added image

My Website
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN
# 7 08-11-2007 , 06:19 PM
heres the error i am getting with my hdris on this pc user added image

user added image

and with a tga file rather then hdri of teh same image.

user added image

My Website
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN
# 8 14-11-2007 , 09:40 AM
misha like them =) but the human looks weird, but some dirt on him to =) make him feel the pain of dirt!

The world is crule