Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-11-2008 , 05:52 AM
Subscriber

avoidance behaviour

Hi, I have a Rigid Body cylinder pottering around a scene driven by some simple expressions on the impulse. What I would like to do is avoid / go round other objects in the scene rather than just collide with them.

I'm guessing I would have to collect the worldspace of the object its coming close to or something like that?

Any ideas on this one would be very useful.

Cheers,

Chris

# 2 11-11-2008 , 02:37 AM
Subscriber
Ok so far the I have 2 objects, one a passive RB, one a active RB that has an expression on its impulse to make it move in the Z direction.

Below is an expression that makes there colour change when getting with in a certain proximity of each other...

//get objects translates
vector $obj1=`getAttr obj1.translate`;
vector $obj2=`getAttr obj2.translate`;

//subtract one from other
float $mag = mag($obj2-$obj1);

//change colour when within certain proximity
if ($mag <= 10)
setAttr lambert1.color 1 .5 .5;
else
setAttr lambert1.color .5 .5 1;

This is showing it recognises the proximity, now how would I go about making the active RB go round the passive RB?

Thanks

Chris

# 3 11-11-2008 , 04:28 AM
Could you not assign a radial fields magnitide to the closeness factor, so that when the object goes close to the other object a field (thats parented to the other object) then increases its magnitide based off the distance to "push" it away

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 11-11-2008 , 05:27 AM
Subscriber
I like the idea, am currently workin on a way to do it without fields but will certainly give that a go.

Cheers as always,

Chris