Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-12-2008 , 09:21 PM

what to do what to do!!!

I was wondering what those of you that got animation degrees or design degrees did for college, im mostly interested in the gaming field but i can't find a properly accredited school for gaming OR for animation.

I have about 3 weeks to send out applications and i have sent nothing out.DOH

Last edited by trwilliams; 12-12-2008 at 09:50 PM.
# 2 12-12-2008 , 09:55 PM
The Nurb Herd
where do you live?

# 3 13-12-2008 , 05:23 AM
I live in texas but honestly ill go anywhere to get a degree I have moved alot in my life so relocating is no big deal.

so far i have found full sail university and digipen IT.

I can't find any major schools with degrees in game design and animation. I have done what most of these degrees offer at both schools just not in depth. I learned drawing on paper sorta i began sketching and learning figure drawing. I have looked at doing storyboards and started one. I am working on a project to bring everything together once i learn it all. I am modeling and going into rigging (just got fbiks down) and then i will go into physics calculations in maya and object deformers and then texturing and lighting and THEN I am going to publish a video and add sound effects and final editing and voice acting all in after effects/premier. I have never done much in arts so I am doin this one big project as a sort of display of skill and using it as my entire art portfolio so i am making it nice.

# 4 13-12-2008 , 11:11 AM
if i where in USA and had to pick a uni i would go cal arts for animation / art, and probs vfs for techie stuff.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 5 13-12-2008 , 04:21 PM
Subscriber
Vancouver Film School? Art Academy? Art Institute? Those are ones I hear of all the time, look into them if you haven't already.