Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 27-12-2008 , 05:21 PM

Originally posted by elephantinc
Well by being a complete twat really, and looking a vaguely like him

Wowzers, possible edit for language needed?

Just reverse it, find out what he's good at and then learn it and just say thats easy... What siblings do isnt it?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 32 27-12-2008 , 05:49 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Thats the problem, hes not good at anything (in particular).
he has no hobbies, he just plays games.
I can deal with him one on one but what i hate is when he tells everyone haw easy it is when im not there. He tells all my relatives that he CAN do it, even though he has never even tried

sorry for language but ive never really seen Tw@t as a profanity. Yet i see cr@p as one and the rest of the world doesnt seem to....

# 33 27-12-2008 , 06:08 PM
Dont pay any attention to him then as that appears to be what he wants, attention.

The word you used is pretty extreme its like a 8-9/10 where cr*p is like a 2/10, then again I remember when the use of any swear word on TV was always after the watershead now, now there commonlace

# 34 27-12-2008 , 06:37 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Really? I thought it was more like 1/10

I dont give him attention, he comes to me, i tell him go go away but he doesnt. I just ignore him and he steals my things.

# 35 27-12-2008 , 08:06 PM
Try saying "oi T" and "oi C" and see the difference it makes to strange people round you..

If you said C to me I would take it as a joke, T, well I would take offecnce, literally.

# 36 27-12-2008 , 08:30 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
oh, is it a regional thing? Around here no one seems to think its that serious and it is used in programs with age ratings of quite low, such as in red dwarf, "lets get out there and T it" and RD never uses particularly bad language....

I looked at definitions and go this:
n 1: a man who is a stupid fool [syn: fathead, goof, bozo,
jackass, goose, cuckoo, zany]
suggesting its not that bad

but i also found this:
2: obscene terms for female genitals

Both definitions cropped up alot

Another example:
twat
Noun
Brit, Austral & NZ taboo slang
1. the female genitals
2. a foolish person [origin unknown]
Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Noun 1. twat - a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
bozo, cuckoo, fathead, goof, goofball, jackass, zany, goose
fool, muggins, saphead, tomfool, sap - a person who lacks good judgment

both examples dont suggest its that bad
Anyone else have opinions on it?

# 37 27-12-2008 , 09:49 PM
Must be regional, Lancashire to Yorkshire....

I've never seen a Red Dwarf that says lets "Tw@t" and go and Ive watched it for years, and when it was made, and repeats, (late 80's, 90's and I would not have thought they would have had that in at all, as A*se and C*ap were very vulgar then, and a lot of the swear terms were "smeg") though it may have been about the time when it came in to popular culture, as it seemes that at the time it came into being popular as a vulgar swear word at high school, though if theres a clip I would be interested in seeing it.

Lets put it this way if you called me cr*p I would le it go, call me the other and I would take it further.

The instance of the word is a reference to female genitals in a degenerative way, which is a lot worse that "crap", its more to the other "C" word.

Any who if I was a mod I would have edited it, but I'm not so I can bang on!!!

Last edited by gster123; 27-12-2008 at 09:59 PM.
# 38 27-12-2008 , 10:24 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
In red dwarf lister says it in the episode "polymorph". he has his fear removed and says lets go out there and T it. I think its series 3 but it might be 5

# 39 27-12-2008 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
Joop: the flute is pretty tough, i remember playing a it for a year or so, in a class full of girls (i was the only boy)

Originally posted by elephantinc
Another example:
twat
Noun
Brit, Austral & NZ taboo slang
1. the female genitals
2. a foolish person [origin unknown]
Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Noun 1. twat - a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
bozo, cuckoo, fathead, goof, goofball, jackass, zany, goose
fool, muggins, saphead, tomfool, sap - a person who lacks good judgment

both examples dont suggest its that bad
Anyone else have opinions on it?

first time heard it being used as female genetals....

at uni we get a sort of ID thing for internet stuff like email, it's made of our first letter of our first name and first three letters of our last name and then followed by some numbers

one of my frieds id thing was twat<numbers i dont remember>, so he never posted on thecs forums

i always thought it meant 'fool'

you know what really pisses me off though?
is when someone says 'you have too much time on your hands'
it's soooooooo insulting
it's like... no one says and every other person who's done something that takes a long time has too much time on his hands!

even if its something functional or really good someone is going to say 'you have toomuch time on your hands' :angery:

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D

Last edited by Chirone; 28-12-2008 at 12:00 AM.
# 40 28-12-2008 , 07:30 AM
I know Wikipedia isnt 100% but

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twat

Sums it up as what I define it as, but hey if its become a commonplace word for fool, shows my age, as I take it as being a very vulgar term. Oh its also used to mean punch or hit, probably the Red Dwarf meaning

Last edited by gster123; 28-12-2008 at 07:42 AM.
# 41 28-12-2008 , 08:54 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
That is the red dwarf meaning. I cant see it being a 8/10, maybe it is an age thing.
BBFC dont seem to think it it that bad.
It is only use to mean fool or moron in england and NZ, wikipedia lists the main meaning to...well you can read it for yourself, but it makes me think that it is much worse in America than england because here to primarily means fool or to hit someone. Maybe its a manchester thing, asking people around here they seem to but it on the same level as Cr.. or slightly lower. Having said that though they are all 15-16

and back on topic, people do call me sad and say i have too much free time but all the do is play games all day, is that really a more worthwhile use of their time?

# 42 28-12-2008 , 10:05 AM
Think it must be an age thing, everyone I know straight away knows it as the female parts, not the meaning of a fool. The useage of swear words in commonplace language (everyday usage and on TV before the watershead) has gone up a lot in the past 10 years so maybe its a byproduct of it, and its deemed acceptable now to youth.

Also, just because the BBFC passed its usage in a single instance dosen't make it acceptable in general terminlogy

Last edited by gster123; 28-12-2008 at 10:41 AM.
# 43 28-12-2008 , 12:12 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by gster123
Think it must be an age thing, everyone I know straight away knows it as the female parts, not the meaning of a fool

I never knew that....

# 44 28-12-2008 , 04:25 PM
I always heard it depends on how it is pronounced (meaning yeah, it shouldn't be used on a forum)
If you pronounce it more like "cat", then it isn't bad. just means jerk or fool. if you pronounce it like "got" it is bad, and it means the same as the C word....
fun stuff

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 45 28-12-2008 , 04:37 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Ive never heard of it be pronounced like "got".....