Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-06-2009 , 06:38 PM

Gunstar wip

Alright so in the event i need more complex work, and a refresher on the basics. I chose to do the gunstar from the last starfighter. I loved that movie as a kid, thought there was enough star trek or star wars models floating around. Ill have something to post later today

# 2 11-06-2009 , 11:04 PM
Heres a picture of what i got so far, its harder than i thought since theres no blueprints or pictures that line up or show me how things look at certain angles.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 12-06-2009 , 03:23 AM
Subscriber

YES

I loved the last starfighter too! I found it on DVD and still watch it every once in a while as part of a cheesy 80's movie night.

Looking foward to seeing it get a facelift!

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 4 12-06-2009 , 12:46 PM
ha - i remember that film - video game kid gets recruited to intergalactic spacewar! - cool - looking forward to seeing how this turns out. user added image

# 5 12-06-2009 , 05:13 PM
Thanks! From what i hear there are rumors flying around there doing a sequal.

Heres updated picture, i had to redo it because my comp froze before i saved it. Im honestly stuggling with it due to trying to figure out what looks like what at different angles, from the pictures im using.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 12-06-2009 , 05:21 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Hey, can you post some links, or picture reference, i tried Google, but didn't turn up anything. Would help to see what your aiming for.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 7 12-06-2009 , 05:52 PM