Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-06-2009 , 12:24 AM

Dining_Room ( my first Project)

Im new to maya, So im trying to do somthing simple, Im making a dining room set, Well here a image of a chair im still making. I thought I would start with this first cause it seemed easy,but it not lol. here the image

Last edited by Darnellrbts; 27-06-2009 at 08:10 PM.
# 2 24-06-2009 , 12:28 AM

Re: Chair ( my first model)

Originally posted by Darnellrbts
Im new to maya, So im trying to do somthing simple, Im making a dining room set, Well here a image of a chair im still making. I thought I would start with this first cause it seemed easy,but it not lol. here the image

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 24-06-2009 , 07:00 AM
Subscriber
eerrmm . where are the legs user added image
Apart from that very good.I love the rope texture. If you want to change the background colour go to view,select camera ,then open the attribute and scroll down to environment then pick your colour . Sor y about the quick comment i had to go to school so i wrote it quickly.
PS.I lovethe top bit.

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Last edited by monkey99; 24-06-2009 at 02:51 PM.
# 4 24-06-2009 , 01:35 PM

Originally posted by monkey99

O i was just trying to do the base and the upper part im making the legs now will post it later on

# 5 24-06-2009 , 02:09 PM

It is a work in progress.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 24-06-2009 , 03:00 PM
The front view with legs, Im gonna try to do more work on it and the shader so here a preview

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 24-06-2009 , 03:05 PM

Apart from that very good.I love the rope texture. If you want to change the background colour go to view,select camera ,then open the attribute and scroll down to environment then pick your colour . Sor y about the quick comment i had to go to school so i wrote it quickly.
PS.I lovethe top bit.

Np lol, but thx for the info on how to change the background color.

# 8 24-06-2009 , 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Welcome to SM user added image Warms my heart to see someone starting out by modeling a chair. Can't really critique too much because it is your first model, but the back supports are really crooked, might want to align those a little better.

- Genny
# 9 26-06-2009 , 12:02 AM

Originally posted by GecT
Welcome to SM user added image Warms my heart to see someone starting out by modeling a chair. Can't really critique too much because it is your first model, but the back supports are really crooked, might want to align those a little better.

Thx and your gonna see alot more models from me lol, im gonna try and make the back supports over for the final picture.

# 10 26-06-2009 , 03:00 AM
Ok here the table and the leg i got two separate pics, since i missed yesterday.

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 26-06-2009 , 03:03 AM

Originally posted by Darnellrbts
Ok here the table and the leg i got two separate pics, since i missed yesterday.

and here the table it nothing special lol

Attached Images
# 12 27-06-2009 , 08:12 PM
Ok here the table with the legs attached, but i didnt shade it yet having some trouble there.

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 27-06-2009 , 08:14 PM
ok im making a Lamp now here the outline to it. if anyone can give me some tips on how to round the bootom off i would appreciate it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 27-06-2009 , 09:49 PM
Super Moderator
Providing you have enough geometry (if not, insert edge loops is your friend) then its a simple matter of non uniformly scaling some verts, maybe even sliding some edges around.

user added image

Also it'll probably be better to see your progress if you posted wireframe on shaded screenies of your viewport instead of dark renders.
user added image

If you're uploading muliple images at once I'd suggest using a hosting site like...

Photobucket

Imageshack

Just some pointers user added image

- Genny
# 15 28-06-2009 , 05:47 PM

Originally posted by GecT
Providing you have enough geometry (if not, insert edge loops is your friend) then its a simple matter of non uniformly scaling some verts, maybe even sliding some edges around.

user added image

Also it'll probably be better to see your progress if you posted wireframe on shaded screenies of your viewport instead of dark renders.
user added image

If you're uploading muliple images at once I'd suggest using a hosting site like...

Photobucket

Imageshack

Just some pointers user added image

Thx for the tips. I was wondering how to do the wirefram render shots.