Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 25-01-2003 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber
i remember that the original one had thick cylindrical bushes right... damn dude... looking good!!... where's the door???? the arch thing that you want is to beleive as the door is not the door!user added image

# 32 25-01-2003 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by tariqrf
i remember that the original one had thick cylindrical bushes right... damn dude... looking good!!... where's the door???? the arch thing that you want is to beleive as the door is not the door!user added image

i never said my door is in there yet- but if i remember correctly you even called your bump on the arch thing "around door".

and yes they have these big round bushes (life tree something). if i figure out i change the trees to something more like big bushes.

# 33 26-01-2003 , 12:40 PM
Subscriber
check out my render.... no doors... but i added the grass.... might want to change your grass.... then it would be a perfect render!!!

cheers
Tariq

# 34 27-01-2003 , 09:23 AM
Subscriber
like I said... I like the water user added image

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 35 27-01-2003 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by el_newty
like I said... I like the water user added image

hey thanks. the water is the easiest to do as it just reflects the surroundings. so it will look even more realistic with textures added in the other part of the scene. actually i already replaced my self painted sky with a real 360 degree sky which lets the clouds mirror in the water. but i did not change enough worth a new snapshot. stay tuned, but dont be disappointed if the next thing i post are some wireframes and the final shot. if there is need, i can put the inbetween pictures after the competition is over.

thanks

# 36 27-01-2003 , 06:34 PM
Looks good! are you going to put a texture on the Building? Nice work, are the trees Geometry or paint effects?
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 37 27-01-2003 , 08:00 PM
Subscriber
brian, i am going to texture the building, started that already. and the trees are pfx - and i hope i can mix up some brushes to get the shape and color i want, as of right now they are not authentic. but i would not like to model the bushes by hand - dont know how (yet).

# 38 27-01-2003 , 08:04 PM
Thats cool. YOu know, there is a tree (and I think shrub) generator on Highend3d that works really well. I have used it b4 in the past, I think its just a script, so it should work on whatever version of Maya you are using. Good luck, gotta be done by Fri! user added image Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 39 27-01-2003 , 08:10 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
Thats cool. YOu know, there is a tree (and I think shrub) generator on Highend3d that works really well. I have used it b4 in the past, I think its just a script, so it should work on whatever version of Maya you are using.

thanks i will check into it.

Good luck, gotta be done by Fri! user added image Brian

i thought it is done 4th of february - now i am in panic :O

# 40 27-01-2003 , 08:19 PM
Subscriber
yes the last day is the 4th of february, tuesday!!!!

# 41 27-01-2003 , 08:25 PM
Sorry guys, don't mean to freak you out, didn't mean to give you the wrong day, wasn't looking at the calender. oops,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 42 29-01-2003 , 05:50 PM
Subscriber
Very nice.

I really enjoy watching how these projects come together. I think I learn a lot by watching the updates as they appear. Can't wait to see the finished project!

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html