Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-04-2011 , 08:12 AM

Modeling Bandage

Hello Guys,

I need help with something very difficult.
I have started a movie project alone and i really need help with modeling bandage.
I can´t seem to find an easy way to do it. I tried doing it with the curve tool but the end result is horrible.
If anyone knows a better way explain it to me and if you don´t mind please do it very clearly with pictures if its not to demanding.
user added image

# 2 12-05-2011 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber
what are you modeling with?

Polygons are a easy way of creating a band-aid.

They are also capable of creating a wrapped bandage, like around a arm.

# 3 13-05-2011 , 04:36 PM
Subscriber
I've done it for a bandage wrapping using a very thin square Sub-D, then extruding the edge at an angle. With a Sub-D it will make a relatively decent curve. Then you can texture the heck out of it. If you copy the geometry of the first then offset it a bit, you can make it look like layers.

There's probably an easier way, but my way worked pretty well.