Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 46 07-08-2011 , 10:27 PM
Haha Chirone, it would be fun for sure.

Here's my artwork done in gimp for the left wall. I'll have to test it out in a render to see if it'll work though.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 47 08-08-2011 , 12:53 AM
Here's a screenshot with it on the wall.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 48 08-08-2011 , 10:39 PM
The thin red line
Im not to sure about this colour sceme Perfecto looks full on. maybe you should model it first then texture...........dave

# 49 08-08-2011 , 10:44 PM
Subscriber
hah, yeah i think i'd get distracted by the bright colours and the tiled floor that i can zoom around on user added image
or i'd eventually become oblivious to bright colours

either way, it's probably too early to say anything serious about the colour, i think

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 50 09-08-2011 , 02:24 AM
Two people against bright colors, that's enough for me to go back to the drawing board. I'll see what else I can come up with.

Thanks for the feedback.

Exceed Expectations!
# 51 09-08-2011 , 05:41 AM
Lifetime Member
I think its ok Perfecto.....this is your dream office....so colours are your choice LOL...Im with chirone on the zooming around...he he he

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 52 09-08-2011 , 06:22 AM
Subscriber
I should give you better feedback!
What you could do is still have it like that, but make it turn on and off-able.
So while it's off it could be black/dark grey like cold lava, and then you can turn it on and all the lava motifs can light up on demand! It'd be awesome as!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 53 09-08-2011 , 07:54 AM
The thin red line
I was thinking on the lines of Chirone but using transparencey or a ss shader...........dave

# 54 09-08-2011 , 09:13 AM
Super Moderator
Why not have the wall art be 3D instead of 2D?

- Genny
# 55 09-08-2011 , 09:59 AM
Acid44

It'd be awesome as!

You're a Kiwi? Only a NZ'er would say "awesome as" user added image

I like it how it is, it's a bit contrast-y, but it is your dream office :p

# 56 09-08-2011 , 02:01 PM
Haha, you all are awesome...and full of great ideas. I appreciate you all for that. I totally don't mind going back to the drawing board. This project is mostly for giving me something to do for awhile. I do want to do something outside the box but I also want it to be something that most everyone would think "That's really cool, wish I could work there".

I'll still consider the lava theme, especially after all the great ideas/solutions to the bright color issue but I'm going to play around with some other ideas too. I'm considering a pirate theme because my son's favorite (beyond favorite) thing is pirates of the carribean. Also I have a heat sensitivity that forces me to stay in temperatures below 75deg so I'm also considering an Ice Theme.

Exceed Expectations!
# 57 09-08-2011 , 02:13 PM
Hey Perfecto, user added image I like all the ideas your having and the themes but remember its an office space. Looking at your Lava concept made me thing it looked like a kids play area at first or something along those lines. Maybe I was picturing that as i couldnt see the office equipment in there but the themes could easily be a kids play room. I like that your thinking outside the box though.

# 58 09-08-2011 , 03:11 PM

Hey Perfecto, user added image I like all the ideas your having and the themes but remember its an office space. Looking at your Lava concept made me thing it looked like a kids play area at first or something along those lines. Maybe I was picturing that as i couldnt see the office equipment in there but the themes could easily be a kids play room. I like that your thinking outside the box though.

Thx speedy, maybe I should tone my themes down a little. Perhaps it's the "kid in me" thats trying to come out user added image.

Anyway, the pirate theme is out of the question now. Just came across this and it's super close to what I had in mind.

https://www.toxel.com/inspiration/201...ative-offices/

Exceed Expectations!
# 59 09-08-2011 , 03:15 PM
I suppose if its "your dream" office you should just go with it. That link looks cool, some fun offices there. I thought of something like a tree house but thought it was a bit kidish, so I was then thinkin of a log cabin style with a nice view but still havent settled on anything yet hence why i havent joined.

# 60 09-08-2011 , 09:45 PM
Super Moderator
Haha I'm in love with that castle office!

- Genny