Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-08-2011 , 12:40 PM

University in the US for MA in 3D modelling?

I plan to come to the US for an MA after I finish with my University here and my military service. I am particularly interested in 3D game art and that's the area I want to work on.
However, the only university I had found (Academy of Art) turned out to be very poorly reviewed in various rating sites. When I sent them an email asking about various things the reviewers were complaining about, they became very aggressive and said that if I am to trust random review sites I should just forget the idea of MA in AoA.

The first ever university I learnt about was DeVry, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to apply for information.

I guess some of the users here are doing MA's in 3D/Game art so I'd like to ask for your experiences on the various US universities that offer such MA programs.

# 2 04-08-2011 , 01:56 PM
The Nurb Herd
if you are going to spend all that cash, why not think about Vancouver Film School?

# 3 07-08-2011 , 05:50 PM
Well is it good regarding my interest? I am certainly migrating to America for my MA, and I'm just making a trail of thought here.

(although it does seem good, but so did AoA)

# 4 16-08-2011 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber
I looked into it a while ago but I think the University of Hawaii at Manoa has a degree program for movie/animators I'm fairly sure they have a BS degree and might have an MA. I stopped looking once I realized that I wouldn't be able to attend any of the classes. user added image

I don't know how reviewed they are or if its what you're looking for it might be another option. Here'sa link to their Academy of Creative Media site.

https://www.catalog.hawaii.edu/course...tments/acm.htm

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 5 16-08-2011 , 08:55 AM

if you are going to spend all that cash, why not think about Vancouver Film School?

Actually, I'm kinda thinking about that. But it seems they don't offer a MA, but rather a BA in the relevant field. Certainly, a specialization is better than a progression of certificates though...and you also make a showreel and portfolio there. Interesting.

I looked into it a while ago but I think the University of Hawaii at Manoa has a degree program for movie/animators I'm fairly sure they have a BS degree and might have an MA. I stopped looking once I realized that I wouldn't be able to attend any of the classes. user added image

I don't know how reviewed they are or if its what you're looking for it might be another option. Here'sa link to their Academy of Creative Media site.

https://www.catalog.hawaii.edu/course...tments/acm.htm

I did browse through their webpage, and I must say, although the course seems amazing, the University does a bad job representing itself in their webpage. Thumbs down for a boring and non-user-friendly website.