Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-09-2011 , 11:37 AM
Motion Graphic Designer

Non-Manifold Edge

I want to convert a poly to subdivision but this errors pups up,

// Warning: Nothing is selected. Select objects or components to delete. //
// Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): One or more edges is nonmanifold.
// Nonmanifold geometry cannot be converted to a subdivision surface.
// To clean up nonmanifold edges, use Mesh->Cleanup with the nonmanifold option. //
// Error: Command polyToSubdiv failed. Open Script Editor for details. //

I remodel my Object but this comes again

user added image

Is that my mistake or my MAYA'S ?

thanks for Answering user added image

Moh.Murtaza Mohammadi

knowledge is power

Last edited by murtaza; 11-09-2011 at 11:45 AM.
# 2 11-09-2011 , 12:15 PM
The thin red line
Could be the way you are modelling, the error message is telling you how to fix it"To clean up nonmanifold edges, use Mesh->Cleanup with the nonmanifold option".......dave

# 3 14-09-2011 , 01:46 AM
You have some kind of non-manifold geometry (geometry that cannot be unfolded). There are three kinds of non-manifold geo - three or more faces sharing a single edge, two or more faces connected by a single vertex, two faces sharing a single edge, each with opposite facing normals.

To clean them use mesh>cleanup with the non-manifold geometry box checked as Dave suggested.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 14-09-2011 at 03:50 AM.