View Poll Results: Who do you think should win the challenge?
THExDUKE 21 41.18%
MrTerminator 8 15.69%
puneet.3d 17 33.33%
djbrede 2 3.92%
Eomer41 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-10-2011 , 03:19 PM
Administrator

Vote for the challenge winner!

As we didn't announce a jury and polls are fun, we decided to let you guys be the jury and decide who wins this time around user added image

The poll will run for two weeks and is anonymous, however to avoid any conflicts only votes from members registered in September 2011 and before that will count.

Please take the judgement criteria into consideration before you vote so weigh these things against eachother;
- Creative Approach
- Technical Skills
- Final Image

And yes, voting for yourself is fine if you thought your image was the best user added image

# 2 04-10-2011 , 08:04 PM
Administrator

Final Entries Below

THExDUKE:

user added image

MrTerminator:

user added image

user added image

puneet.3d:

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

djbrede:

user added image

Eomer42:

user added image

user added image

Full size can be viewed in the finals thread here.

# 3 04-10-2011 , 08:07 PM
Acid44
My vote goes to the Duke, out of the ones that finished, his was the only one that met the high expectations I had. Would of been better, I think, if the city was textured and there was a bit of post work for a tad of morning haze or something, but oh well.

All the others were still great though, still took me ages to decide user added image

# 4 04-10-2011 , 09:33 PM
The thin red line
I voted for MrTerminator, I would have voted for Eomer42 but that chair looked like I would spring off of it..........dave

# 5 04-10-2011 , 10:52 PM
EduSciVis-er
Haha dave, I laughed... it does look a little springy. No, the thing in that image for me was the pencil looks a bit out of place, distracting... I won't say who I voted for, but they were all really impressive and well done. Congrats all!

# 6 05-10-2011 , 02:48 PM
Lifetime Member
Stwert, I agree with you the pencil was out of place the borders were just a bit to rough though Eomer was my second choice user added image good job everyone.

# 7 05-10-2011 , 03:47 PM
wow! that octopus table.

# 8 05-10-2011 , 09:08 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Well it's a shame GECT didn't enter or better said finished, because that was the best work I saw quality wise.
As far as ranking goes:
-5TH place: djbrede
Although I do like the way he presents his office, the quality of the images is conceptual at best ( like a render from a CAD package)
-4TH Place: THExDUKE
I could be wrong, but it looks like a bunch of photographs comped together and although it has this pop art feel. As a piece of art it is not bad, but the untextured background makes it look unfinished, I am really astounded that people are giving this the highest marks if I look at the poll result.
-3TH Place: Eomer42
The structure/building has something familiar,but I can't remember where I've seen it.
Although I do like the mood and atmosphere, it feels empty and unfinished which the maker tried to compensate with a nice camera angle...so kudoos for trying to do that user added image
-2th Place:MrTerminator
It has nice atmosphere, and compared to most of the other entries has an overall finished quality, there are some things that are wrong that makes it just not a winner image, but it is a worthy attempt.
-1TH Place: puneet.3d
I don't care what the poll says, this one is of all the entries unmistakeable the best image especially the last image with all the nice lighting effects.
It has a nice original theme which is incorporated throughout the entire image, it is finished and feels finished, I mean look at the design of that chair, I know it looks simple, but that is always the case when you see a finished piece of art, conjuring it up from an empty desolated Maya/lightwave workspace is quite something else.

Good luck to all the entries

# 9 06-10-2011 , 09:56 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanku Mastone user added image I was wondering if someone will look into my thoughts for this work or not.

# 10 06-10-2011 , 05:08 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

And yes, voting for yourself is fine if you thought your image was the best user added image

Let's just hope that none of the participants have a multiple personality disorder user added image

# 11 12-10-2011 , 12:50 AM
Subscriber

Let's just hope that none of the participants have a multiple personality disorder user added image

thankfully Miss Nova says that only people signed up before october will have a vote that counts. user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 12 12-10-2011 , 01:04 AM
Lifetime Member
I voted...and Im not telling...LOL. Good entries all round....Genny? sigh...you were right up there you know.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 13 12-10-2011 , 01:10 AM
Subscriber
I know who you voted for user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 14 15-10-2011 , 06:09 PM
Lifetime Member
Miss Nova. did you vote? user added image

# 15 16-10-2011 , 05:14 PM
Administrator
Yes, I voted for one of the SimplyMaya entries now let's see who wins user added image