Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-10-2011 , 02:11 PM
Subscriber

Organic Modeling with Alien PT3 ????

Hello,

I was just wondering if Simply Maya will be releasing PT 3 of the new Alien tutorial? I've purchased the first two and I'm excited to rig and pose my alien.

Thanks,

Korvicuser added image

# 2 04-10-2011 , 03:54 PM
SM Tea Boy
Will be out any day now user added image and i'm very happy to say we went well beyond simple rigging. We created a more complete rig and even threw in some Ncloth, so it will be worth the wait.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 04-10-2011 , 06:50 PM
Subscriber

Will be out any day now user added image and i'm very happy to say we went well beyond simple rigging. We created a more complete rig and even threw in some Ncloth, so it will be worth the wait.

David

aye aye user added image

# 4 05-10-2011 , 02:11 AM
Subscriber

David

Sweet, I love it when you add the extra goodies in the tutorial ! As I'm always looking forward to improving my skills.

I can't wait !!! Thanks !!!!user added image

# 5 07-10-2011 , 03:50 PM
Lifetime Member
Woot! I am happy to see all three tuts are now up now just one week till pay day user added image I have been looking forward to starting this project. I would however like to see what the next challenge is going to be before I dive too much into the alien project.

It would be nice if there was more time in a day.

Jake

# 6 07-10-2011 , 06:50 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I hope you all enjoy it. It was good to make all 3 Volumes....any questions fire away, I'm usually about

cheers
Jay

# 7 08-10-2011 , 05:25 AM
Subscriber
Jay - you and all the others here are awesome! The timing of this tutorial is perfect! I need to start learning all three of those aspects of maya and its great to find them all in one package!

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 8 08-10-2011 , 10:38 AM
CGWolfgang

Well I wouldnt go that far LOL, but many thanks for the kind words.

We aim to please so I hope you find it intuitive in one way or another. The new rigging tute is really a culmination of things Ive learned over the years in different studios etc, and is what I have found works best for me. I've used it to rig characters in the work place and I never had any complaints - if anything it was can we have extra this or that so.....anyway get stuck in and enjoy it

Jay

# 9 08-10-2011 , 01:51 PM
The thin red line
I have downloaded the rigging tutorial just hope I can get some spare time to watch it.......dave

# 10 08-10-2011 , 02:07 PM
Hey Dave

well its only 4hrs or so maybe a bit more, Im sure you will.

cheers
Jay