Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 13-11-2011 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
I dunno, I don't like the fact he says 'new technology', i'm sure it's been around for quite a while...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 17 14-11-2011 , 08:13 AM

Just remember that the quality of the Reprap isn't that great at the moment though.

Not really that bothered with the quality to be honest, more of an excercise in making the thing and getting it working. If I wanted a high end result of a 3D model I would use one of the commercial ones we have here.

Yeah 3D prining's been about for 30 years or so.

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 18 29-11-2011 , 04:07 PM

I dunno, I don't like the fact he says 'new technology', i'm sure it's been around for quite a while...

Sorry for the delay; 3D printing has definitely been around for quite a bit, you're right, however it hasn't been as readily available to consumers. It is now a lot easier for everyday people to develop an idea and have it created without having to spend $20,000.00 on a manufacturing plant in Taiwan. Lately 3D printing has been becoming much more inexpensive and available -- that is why I claimed it to be new technology.

# 19 29-11-2011 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber
I suppose it's fair to say it's new because it's now more readily available for consumers rather than industry/research. So in a consumer's perspective it's new' technology. A lot (or all) of technology is like that and I think they all say its new once it's in the consumer market...
Even so... I don't like how that's how the world works, but meh user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 20 29-11-2011 , 11:16 PM

I suppose it's fair to say it's new because it's now more readily available for consumers rather than industry/research. So in a consumer's perspective it's new' technology. A lot (or all) of technology is like that and I think they all say its new once it's in the consumer market...
Even so... I don't like how that's how the world works, but meh user added image

Haha I suppose you're right. Well, it is a "NEWLY AVAILABLE" technology. Kraftwurx is relatively affordable, compared to manufacturing something in china

# 21 06-12-2011 , 05:23 PM
One thing I love about 3D printing, is the fact that it allows for the creation of ANYTHING. Developers can make essentially anything; I saw a custom made a wine stopper with the bride and groom's face designed on there a couple days ago. Designs like that really make me think about where this market is going to go.