Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-12-2011 , 06:10 PM

Help with Subdiv Proxy and PolySplit Tool

Hi, I've just started using Maya again, it's been a while and i'm now using 2012.

I've setup a Subdiv proxy, and when i use the split poly tool the subdiv proxy won't update, i used to get round this problem in maya 7 by deleting the history of my low poly mesh i'm working on, and the subdiv would update, but not anymore?

It doesn't matter if i use the old splitpoly tool or the new Interactive split tool, it just won't update?

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

# 2 07-12-2011 , 08:21 PM
Ok no probs, have sorted it.

For some reason i couldnt get a full mirrored subdiv proxy, after trying a few times, deleting history freezing transforms etc, it suddenly took and gave me a full mirroed subD, but it also had the other half of my proxy, i deleted one half, and found another poly surface that seemingly was just a ghost, no actual geometry, so i delted that too, and suddenly i'm able to use either split poly tool. . . Happy days user added image