Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-12-2011 , 11:02 AM
Subscriber

Camera Based Selection ona shortcut

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a possibility to put the 'Camera Based Selection' function on a shortcut or Icon on a shelf. I was searching for that but I have not found something's in the air user added image

Attached you will find an image showing what I mean. This command to not select faces in the background of the object.

Thank you in advance for an answer.

Attached Images

# 2 11-12-2011 , 05:50 PM
Technical Director
Code:
int $status = `selectPref -q -useDepth`; 

selectPref -useDepth (!$status); 

if ((!$status) == 0)
    print("Camera based selection is off.\n");
else
    print("Camera based selection is on.\n");
This will toggle it on and off. It will also print out whether it's now on or off.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 11-12-2011 at 05:55 PM.
# 3 14-12-2011 , 08:38 PM
EduSciVis-er
Hold 'q' and the LMB and you will get a marking menu where you can access this. Very easy.

# 4 16-12-2011 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber
@NextDesign & Stwert

Hey guy's! These are fantastic tips you gave me! Would try both and then choose m< preferred.

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated!