Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-04-2012 , 06:07 AM
Lifetime Member

Burried Spitfires

Interesting article about a Lincolnshire farmer who had spent the last decade and a half to locate a shipment of brand new spitfires burried in the Burmese jungle still in their transport crates.

Just imagine. Original spitfires, no replacement parts, not a single hour flight time. I wonder if they will attempt to get some of thme back to flight status.

https://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/17/...thed-in-burma/

# 2 19-04-2012 , 08:28 AM
The thin red line
I suspect there will be a lot of damage lets just hope they can save some...........dave

# 3 19-04-2012 , 10:54 AM
Lifetime Member
Would be great. Ground radar shows the crates to be still intact.

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 4 21-04-2012 , 06:15 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
well they said they were in good condition. The only trouble from what I heard that could be a prob is that the spitfires rivets were originally made of magnesium, so any restored versions around now would have steel rivets...

Jay

# 5 22-04-2012 , 04:06 AM
Lifetime Member
Interesting artical mate...hopefully they will at least be able to get them out of Burma LOL. I read one yesterday on an Aussie pilot that went MIA...they finally found him in a field somewhere and laid him to rest....the Spitty cant be restored though as its too damaged.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes