Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-07-2012 , 12:39 PM
Subscriber

Need Ideas fast please!!!!

Hi all

Please help out, One of our local online computer stores have a competition starting today to make a 15-45sec commercial for them, we have time till the end of July before competition ends (only for their clients thou)
The prize isn’t that great (Sony Handycam HDR-CX190 FULL HD) none the less

Now most guys is handing in real movies they made with their camcorders of some idea for them as a commercial, but nowhere in the rules say I can’t make an animation in Maya

Now this is my idea I have, obviously to make an animation that looks good for that long for me would take longer than a month ( I am a slow poke)
But if I can make stick characters for my film and keep everything black and white and simple I might save some time,

This is the story line i am thinking of, the company name is SIMPLICITY so i want to start with a splash screen that says BEFORE SIMPLICITY then start my first clip of a guy on a telephone (with a cord) and someone walks by and trips over the wire, then clip 2 is a guy playing xbox with a remote in he’s hands (wired of course) and someone trips over he’s remote then clip 3 a guy with a laptop where the network cable is on the floor and same story someone trip over it,

Then the second Splash screen pops up saying AFTER SIMPLICITY, then the 3 same clips but this time the guy with the phone has a cell, a wireless xbox remote and a Bluetooth dongle or wifi router setup for last guy.....sure you guys catch my drift on how i want to promote simplicity (lol)
(All these products they sell) or maybe replace the laptop 1 with a guy listening to music maybe with earphones etc

Now where do I start....................?
Any ideas on how to make nice stick men and items?

Conquering The World One Pixel At A Time !!!!
# 2 03-07-2012 , 01:31 PM
Senior Software Developer
Stickmen would be easy mate. Its the rigging and animation that might cause you issues.

Create the basic stickman and then have at least 3 splits alone all points to help with joint rigging and animation. Just an idea/starting point for you.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)