Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-02-2013 , 07:59 PM

Does anyone know of a way to restrict skinning from going over a value of 1?

Hello, I am jumping from using maya 2010 to using 2013, and I have run into an issue with skinning. (It seems to be a new added feature somewhere between 2011 and 2013)

When I paint skin weights, (having "replace" selected and painting a value of 1 with 100% opacity) the weights do not replace previous weight painting. This results in having more than a value of 1 per vertex.

For example, when I flood my entire model to the root joint and proceed to paint weight to another unlocked joint like the pelvis, instead of replacing the value of 1 on the root joint, it adds another 1 on to the pelvis, making my vertices weighted 200% to the rig and making me have to struggle with each vertice on my model, making sure each vertice has a value of 1. (making my pelvis only move 50% to the joints

Is there a way to restrict my skin from going over a value of 100% like maya used to?