Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-03-2013 , 12:35 AM

IM3 trailer #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wefbgaGq78A

I am sorry but all I can say is - seriously? So I can see the meeting for this one... Okay we are fresh out of original ideas but we have to milk this teet until it's completely dry damnit!

I got it boss, we need to find some excuse to put Pepper in the suit! Brilliant!

I mean really? As much as I like the idea of looking at Pepper this idea seems a bit like something out of a marketing management survey.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 2 28-03-2013 , 01:32 AM
EduSciVis-er
Apparently it's in the comics... I can't verify it, I haven't read them. I don't really mind, it's cool, fun, popcorn superhero entertainment. As far as superhero movies are concerned, the iron man ones including avengers have been decent.

# 3 28-03-2013 , 07:57 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
I must admit i love these comic book movies, I dont think you should take them too seriously. provided they are still enjoyable i dont mind the pop corn story

# 4 28-03-2013 , 12:43 PM
I don't mind looking at Pepper, at all! I did not know that it was in the comics. On the surface to me it looked like the result of a marketing survey. "Okay we have not touched the female super hero demographic....So lets go with this..."

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 5 08-05-2013 , 07:57 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Just watched this movie and I think the action is absolutely fantastic cant wait to punish my system when it comes out on blu ray but the story is absolutely HORRIBLE

# 6 08-05-2013 , 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
LOL Raphael, you have to admit, you saw that coming! I've been checking out some of the Indie scene stuff lately.

- Genny
# 7 11-05-2013 , 02:40 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Whats good out there? Summer is usually when they release the really good movies. Any one watched oblivion yet?

# 8 11-05-2013 , 02:50 PM
Yeah I saw oblivion at the opening. It's draws on a lot of familiar things and is kind of predictable but I found the action and effects very entertaining. It's no classic, but I enjoyed it.

Upcoming things that I cam think of for the summer...

startrek - into darkness
after earth
superman
thor

Last edited by ctbram; 11-05-2013 at 07:54 PM.
# 9 11-05-2013 , 03:00 PM
EduSciVis-er
# 10 11-05-2013 , 08:07 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Well I am not looking forward to all these sequels, not even Monsters University, it is time for new stuff.
This trailer gave a good vibe, even though Ryan Reynolds is in it ( he is totally going to ruin the Highlander revamp for me if he is in it..why not Gerald Butler) and Jeff Bridges plays a dead version of Rooster Cogburn:
RIPD : Rest in Peace Department Trailer (2013) - YouTube

Another one I might enjoy is RED2, I enjoyed the first one ( mainly because of Malkovich):
RED 2 - Official Trailer (2013) [HD] Bruce Willis, John Malkovich - YouTube

If you are looking for some indie/low budget stuff I can highly reccommend 2 movies:
INK: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1071804/
Stakeland: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464580/

And if you haven't seen it yet..watch Django great movie.

I am looking forward to the man of steel ( mainly because mister dark knight himself has a hand in it) and star trek into darkness ( Is Benedict Cumberthingy playing Data by the way? 'cause he looks a lot like it)
I am however not looking forward to any other superhero movie.

# 11 11-05-2013 , 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah I liked Stakeland, never saw Ink, I'll check it out. I just watched Hell and I liked it, nice post apocalyptic movie.

- Genny
# 12 11-05-2013 , 11:57 PM
RIPD looks great! James Hong is awesome!

# 13 13-05-2013 , 02:36 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
RIPD feels like a rip off of MIB. Man of steel is definitely on the radar, I really didn't like the first star trek that much i found it very average. Honestly Im just up for some silly movies right now nothing too serious like the road and all that post apocalyptic movies