Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 46 08-06-2014 , 11:29 PM
So like usual I am testing skin and lighting some more in the engine. The engine is getting better every single time. The lighting also is inverse-square so the falloff is a realistic value. So awesome. This is simply a test head in the engine and not my own work. But soon enough I will post one of our heads calibrated. I only did the lighting and testing for a tutorial to show others how to light properly.

The other picture is the base lighting out of the engine.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by CollinBishop; 08-06-2014 at 11:49 PM.
# 47 09-06-2014 , 02:17 AM
Having Fun!!!!
Looks Very Nice mate Love it!!! can wait to see this game in action. BTW I think the face looks like is wet a bit, Is that because of specularity?? Great Job Mate.user added image

# 48 09-06-2014 , 03:25 AM
In the new versions of engines they have deprecated specularity. It only exists for woods and metal tinting. It runs off a gloss map now and is defined by a numeric value. You may think it is wrong but the math behind it says the calculations are correct. The shininess is simply from the back and kicker lights.

Last edited by CollinBishop; 09-06-2014 at 04:05 AM.
# 49 09-08-2014 , 07:48 PM
Long time with no posting or updates. We have been doing archvis as of late and realtime in Cryengine. We continue on with the game and I have continued on with the tutorials. To date I have posted almost 380 tutorials for free online. Lastly we have been given full engine access for life by Crytek to continue on with our game. Their thanks for the help I have given in regards to other developers and the community. IT is just a really long road to make a game.