Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 10-02-2016 , 04:50 AM

Test render black :(.

user added imageHey all,

I might just be too tired, but I'm using the settings in Maya 2016 after being used to Maya 2014-15. If anyone can assist in figuring out why the test renders are coming out black, that would be great.
I know it's probably something really simple and stupid, but I'm braindead.

Here's a link to the dropbox file structure. I think everything is in there, image sequence as well as the maya file structure...the files may need refreshed, but it's all there.

Thanks!

Sean

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gz4lra8a6...EeD90Auoa?dl=0

# 2 11-02-2016 , 04:56 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi Sean

I downloaded the files. I opened the scene file (desktop.0002.ma) and apart from frame 0 pointing to a non-existant image, i could not find anything weird about the file.

Your last save was on frame 340 so after relinking the textures on the image plane and IBL I just hit render and it rendered fine. Even batch renders ok (Frame 0 excluded).

What have you tried so far to troubleshoot this?

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 3 15-02-2016 , 05:11 PM

Thanks!

Hi Sean

I downloaded the files. I opened the scene file (desktop.0002.ma) and apart from frame 0 pointing to a non-existant image, i could not find anything weird about the file.

Your last save was on frame 340 so after relinking the textures on the image plane and IBL I just hit render and it rendered fine. Even batch renders ok (Frame 0 excluded).

What have you tried so far to troubleshoot this?

Good morning!

Yeah, the -1 frame offset probably wasn't set or vice versa.

I tried changing to settings, reassigning textures, updating Maya and the separate mental ray plugin, and still it wouldn't render out for me. I set all the render settings to default, and still, all I get is a black render user added image.

Very weird.

Thanks for checking. It has to be something with mental ray plugin then. That's all I can figure.
user added image