Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-03-2003 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber

Rendering a region in a viewport

There is a great new script that allows us to render s region inside the viewports

it is in HighEnd3D called: "RenderWindo+"

Nir

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com
# 2 05-03-2003 , 01:40 AM
i'm off to get it now user added image user added image user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 3 05-03-2003 , 08:26 AM
What's the benefit? I don't understand... (I need more coffee...)

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 05-03-2003 , 10:35 AM
Subscriber
not sure, but looks to me like you'll save time because you don't need to render the full window before being abled to render only the red square (or whatever it's called)

# 5 05-03-2003 , 05:25 PM
Subscriber
He mentioned the viewport. Does this mean you can model something, and then activate the plugin and render in the viewport itself and not the renderview?

hmmm

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 6 05-03-2003 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber
undseth

Exactly

When you run the viewport render mode - you can select a rectangular area inside it and render as if it were inside the render view

NOTE: to return to modeling in this viewport - you have to select it from the view menu such as "perp"

Nir

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com
# 7 05-03-2003 , 06:54 PM
I still can't see the benefit of doing this user added image With a click you could turn one of the viewports in to a render view and render a region there user added image Sorry for being such an a#% hole but in my opinion this plugin is hmm... ok i'll let it be... maybe the creator is an ex-xsi user :p (afaik xsi renders this way)

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 8 05-03-2003 , 07:24 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by kbrown
I still can't see the benefit of doing this user added image With a click you could turn one of the viewports in to a render view and render a region there user added image Sorry for being such an a#% hole but in my opinion this plugin is hmm... ok i'll let it be... maybe the creator is an ex-xsi user :p (afaik xsi renders this way)

It seems that the coffee DID NOT HELP user added image user added image user added image :p user added image

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com
# 9 05-03-2003 , 07:34 PM
Subscriber
hmmm it seems a bit faster, but I'd have to try it.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 10 06-03-2003 , 11:44 AM

MentalRay?

Cool script, but I tried it last night and it's fine with maya's renderer, but when I source the script it seems to disable Mental Ray? What's up wit that! I can't for the life of me find any reason why this should be happening, I mean all this script is doing is turning the viewport into the render window minus the window itself! Anybody else had the same problem?