Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 30-03-2003 , 10:13 AM
Subscriber
I've been busy making a living, but had some time today to work on this charater. I've been trying to use this for as many differant lessons as I can get out of this one project. Anyway I've added eyes and ears. next is a body I guess, or I may work on this as a bust and go on to texture next. Unless someone sees anything I should fix first. C&C would be helpful.user added image

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤
Chris
essahc@sbcglobal.net
# 17 30-03-2003 , 01:27 PM
Looks very promissing!

his genreals shape is a bit square tho, but that could be on purpose user added image

Looking forward to see more

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 18 31-03-2003 , 01:32 AM
Subscriber
Nice bit of work uve got going there essahc!

One thing that might help u with shape and proportion, apart from obviously scouring the net for references, is getting hold of a mirror and looking at ur own facial structure. Study the relation of various features to eachother i.e. the position and size of the nose in relation to the position and size of the eyes.

Good work user added image

# 19 31-03-2003 , 04:28 PM
Subscriber
Thanks guys. Im gonna drop those ears down for starters. and try to reshape the cheeks, forehead and chin.

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤
Chris
essahc@sbcglobal.net