Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 17-04-2003 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber
Ahhahaa, lookin good user added image, wouldnt want to get my arm stuck in his mouth! Keep it up user added image....... (wait, what am i doing.. cheering on my own competator :O)

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 17 17-04-2003 , 02:56 AM
Subscriber
Lol thats cause you cool M. But you know what? I WANNA SEE YOU'RE SH*T TOO!!! = )

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 18 17-04-2003 , 02:58 AM
Subscriber
the teath are cool Vector !! did a bunch in a short time.. good job.

# 19 17-04-2003 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
FINE VECTORMAN...YOUR DEAD.. IN A HOUR FROM NOW, YOUR GOING TO SEE SOME SERIOUS SHIT :p... hehehh, i wish. Anyways, im going to start working on it now user added image.

# 20 17-04-2003 , 03:06 AM
Subscriber
Ok, i decided to model plainly by head.. no refrences this time user added image.

# 21 17-04-2003 , 04:30 AM
Subscriber
Sorry, user added image.. that was a failure, I still dont have enough skill to take that image there and actually model it... i would have to draw front and sideviews (perfectly), which i cannot do. Otherwise i would have to model by freehand, which i tried and miserably failed.. i dont have a eye for that yet user added image. Anyways, I decided to model this funky dude.. i think he was from a TV show user added image. Anyways, ive seen him before.. and its time for him to come to 3d user added image.

# 22 17-04-2003 , 04:37 AM
IsnĀ“t that a Digimon? Hate the b*stards. user added image
Cool pic though, hope you have better luck with this one bud!

# 23 17-04-2003 , 04:54 AM
Subscriber
Digimon, thats it user added image. Lol, yea.. brings back some bad memories... what a crappy show. Anyways, i dont care about that part, im just modelling this as the base. I dont care if its from barney user added image.

# 24 17-04-2003 , 05:56 AM
Subscriber
Alright, here is the start of the head, its quite low poly atm.. well, kinda low poly. Im going to try to put lots of detail into it though user added image. it has lines running up its head now, and i have to smooth those out in certain locations user added image. Once again, just the start C&C welcome.

# 25 17-04-2003 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
the basic shape looks good, but thats about all i can see = ( Remember our talk about turning down the GI intensity just a tad? well do that again (yes i have to turn mine UP)

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"

Last edited by Vectorman; 17-04-2003 at 09:00 PM.
# 26 17-04-2003 , 10:19 PM
Subscriber
More tweaking. The eyes ave very prelimanry please note. C&C please!

Last edited by Vectorman; 17-04-2003 at 10:22 PM.
# 27 17-04-2003 , 10:43 PM
Subscriber
wires smoothed and not

# 28 17-04-2003 , 10:47 PM
Subscriber
with the eyes. maybe you could add some edges and pull the verts so there are eye lids..

# 29 17-04-2003 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber
Hey, thanks vectorman.. i never even clued into being able to do that! All my renders from now will be dimmer user added image. Keep your model up, its looking good... the eyes though do have a brickey effect to them, you may want to do what pony said and try to put more geometry around the eye and add a eyelid user added image.

# 30 18-04-2003 , 01:30 AM
Subscriber
Show me M! maybe a wire too, but i'm sure with the new intesity i'll be able to see more.

and i said the eyes were preliminary. I will add those things tonight or tomorrow thx pony = )

YOU know what sux? I went to 2 video rentals stores and neither had "Critters" ! (a local one Video Craze, and Blockbuster)