Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 01-05-2003 , 11:56 PM
Simply Maya OG
.....what sides the nose....? Does it depend on which way you ride? (Goofy or Regular) And how did u get that water looking so damned good?

- Hybrid
# 17 02-05-2003 , 06:33 AM
mental ray my friend.... but that makes for a 4+ hour render time for one damn frame.. at 640x480

thx about the water

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 18 02-05-2003 , 04:12 PM
Simply Maya OG
How did you actually make the water? Is it Maya 4.5's default water shader, or did you make it yourself, or what? Oh, and you never answered my question about which sides the nose user added image

- Hybrid
# 19 02-05-2003 , 07:49 PM
lol, my bad. The nose.. there is a difference. And it doesn't matter which way you are riding, unless going switch.. just like skating and snowbaording. The graphics point one way, and on some boards, one side will have more pop that the other. The water.. i made half of it. I got the arctic water shader, and changed it a bit. The bit difference is mental ray, as you can see the difference between the regular and mental ray renders.

# 20 02-05-2003 , 08:34 PM
Simply Maya OG
Hey uh..do you think you could send me the shader you have/used? Cause I really like that water user added image And thanx for cleaing the nose-tail thing for me user added image On a skateboard, the nose is longer than the tail, so thats how you tell the difference there.

- Hybrid
# 21 02-05-2003 , 09:56 PM

i have no idea why i am getting those black dots on the renders..

I think it's a memory issue cause I get the exact same but green sometimes, batch rendering seems to sort it out a bit though. I would turn down antialiasing and the frame size for previewing and then batch render when you are happy with it.

Looks cool though, i love the bindings!

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 22 03-05-2003 , 10:28 AM
Alright, i am re-doing the bindings... cuz.. well i hate them. They don't even look like wakeboard bindings. Here are the ones that i am going to try to model.

# 23 03-05-2003 , 10:29 AM
Here is the start of the bindings.. It needs some work.. but its a start