Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-05-2003 , 08:03 AM
Subscriber

Helicopter HELP!!

Hi! I am modelling a helicopter but I have run into a problem. If you look at the file. I have projected a curve on the front of the helicopter, the curve that will be used for triming the front wind shield. _I projected the curve on the nurbs surface. Now I want to trim the helicopter body. So I select the wind shield and pressed enter so that the the helicopter body gets trimmed and that I am only left with the windshield. I am have done this 100's of time but frot some reason this command is not working.I keep getting the following error-

Warning: Trim: changed to keep originals on; curves on surface have construction history with the dependancy on the surface itself :-(
I did delete the history. Anyway PLEASE take a look and please tell me what I am doing wrong.
I want to delete the body and keep the front shield. Thanks

https://www.nitindesign.com/finalHELI.mb

# 2 04-05-2003 , 08:09 AM
Subscriber
I solved the problem by deleting "history on the actual curve" :-) I was deleting history oof the body :-)
Thanks anyway.
Kevin and co. keep up the good work.

grrrr
# 3 04-05-2003 , 11:27 AM
Try to go always for Delete all by Type: History, as this one erases history on all the objects on the scene.

# 4 04-05-2003 , 02:51 PM
Subscriber
adldesigner- Yep I always do that but for some reason I had to select this particular curve individually for the history to get deleted. I don't know why :-)

grrrr