Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-05-2003 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber

Low Profile Armoured Vehicle

Not sure what to call this, it's based on a vehicle from the Aliens movie and will have a gun turret on the top that slides down to the rear.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-05-2003 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber

Low Profile Armoured Vehicel

It's a bit hard to see the edges on the picture so i drew them in so you can see them better.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 21-05-2003 , 11:32 PM
Simply Maya OG
Looks...interesting user added image

- Hybrid
# 4 22-05-2003 , 03:18 AM
cool reminds me of the thing from aliens,

# 5 22-05-2003 , 06:28 AM
Subscriber
i just watched all 3 of those movies with my girl, cause she'd never seen them. Aliens ( #2 ) is my favorite, too bad ripley wrecks that SICK AZZ tank in the first 10 minutes they are on LV426 tho.

Good start, i wanna see more!!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 6 22-05-2003 , 06:47 AM

Originally posted by Vectorman
too bad ripley wrecks that SICK AZZ tank in the first 10 minutes they are on LV426 tho.

Like a true woman. user added image

Aliens is also my favorite, even though the first one has excellent suspense, and started the whole thing, I believe Cameron achieved a tremendous vision with the sequel.
(And I just happen to love that blue shade he uses in almost all his movies)

# 7 22-05-2003 , 04:26 PM
Subscriber
LOL! yah stupid girls, except she is usually an exeption.

"Show me the grenade launcher, i want to know everything""I can handle my self"

blue shade? I don't really know what you mean, is this a post thing, like a skip bleach, or just his lighting concept? I notice all sorts of colors for the different moods in each story.

Sorry bro about turning you're forum into an Aliens chat, but you said you liked it too right? = )

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"

Last edited by Vectorman; 22-05-2003 at 07:38 PM.
# 8 22-05-2003 , 07:02 PM
Subscriber
I don't know if i should give it wheels like in the aliens movie or tracks. What do you think i should do?

Aliens is also my favorite as it has a great ending and the lighting at the end of the first film just gives me a headache.

# 9 22-05-2003 , 07:05 PM
Subscriber

Alien 3

For everyone in the UK Alien 3 is on channel 4 tonight at 10:40pm.

user added image

# 10 22-05-2003 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber
might look more "BAD" with some cool treads, up to you tho, personal preferance.

# 11 22-05-2003 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber
I HATE Windows. I've just spent the last two hours doing the turret when it decides to tell me "Maya application file has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE i lost everthing.
user added image user added image user added image

# 12 23-05-2003 , 03:21 AM
Subscriber
that stinks! sorry man, but i tend to try to look at the positive side, it will be much better and quicker this time = )

# 13 23-05-2003 , 05:55 PM
Subscriber
feel for u man...We've all been there

Stick the incremental save on

Its a Godsend when Windows becomes that evil bastard son of a bitch it can be lol

Either that or just remember to save at regular intervals!

# 14 23-05-2003 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
After that problem with windows I needed a break from the turret so I decided to start the rear lights. Being a newbie (It's my 2nd model apart from cubes without a tutorial) I’ve only ever used directional lights before and not sure what to use. At the moment I’m using a mixture of spotlights and point lights but they seem to light the whole scene (see image below). What would be the best way to solve this problem?

Attached Thumbnails
# 15 23-05-2003 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber
ok, so that image doesn't seem to work. it's a *.PNG so just save it to your hard drive and open it from there. I'll go back to *.JPEG next time.