Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 76 19-06-2003 , 03:33 AM
Subscriber
HAH.. i love the lights man! And your rims are great! I think the model is a bit too rounded imho.. but other than that this is great user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 77 19-06-2003 , 04:21 AM
Subscriber
Okay started on the cow catcher, please tell me what you think! go ahead, click the little POST button!

Attached Thumbnails

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 78 20-06-2003 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber
This is for HAL 9000, although i lost some of the other reds........

Guys do you like the cow catcher !?!?!?! Please i'd like some feedback, all amy ever says is a unintersted "cool".

Attached Thumbnails

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 79 20-06-2003 , 08:28 AM
Subscriber
cool ! lol user added image your cow catcher is good but i really really don t like the new camo !!!!! i love the green and .... green camo.
(maybe u must add some "piece of cow" on the cow catcher user added image )

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 80 20-06-2003 , 04:28 PM
Subscriber
LOL! the red was just cause HAL likes red. Its not gonna stay like that. Although i am saving the Snow and Dessert textures for possible later use. I will certainly find a way to "scratch up, the front bars, but peices of cow? Ewwwww sounds messy.....

# 81 20-06-2003 , 05:44 PM
I liked the red cause it reminded me of the NOD from command and conquer.

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 82 20-06-2003 , 07:03 PM
Subscriber
damn, my bump map resolution is too low! Prolly wont be a bump in the final, i can never get it to look good, heres more on the cattle bars, C&C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

# 83 20-06-2003 , 07:11 PM
Curious: Will you add a camo design to the front bar things? or leave them plain green?

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 84 21-06-2003 , 04:28 AM
Subscriber

ATV

WOW...looking good! I like the modified front end!

# 85 21-06-2003 , 07:21 AM
Subscriber
I like the cattle cruncher but coming out an an angle like that will it throw whatever it hits onto the bonnet? Perhaps raise the upper bar to deflect things onto the road? Coming along nicely, I like the green camo colour scheme.

# 86 23-06-2003 , 06:11 PM
Subscriber
AH where have i been? Working on a music video project! Sorry guys, anyway only bout a week left, don't know what i'll be ble to do in that time. I'm not sure what you mean about the "bonnet", what is that? I'lll have to post some sideviews so you can see what the shape is, its a rather odd shape. Thanx for you're comments, and BTW the Green is the main one, and will probably be in the final.

# 87 23-06-2003 , 06:54 PM
bonnet/hood front of the vehicle, usually lifts up to reveal the engine.

# 88 24-06-2003 , 05:13 PM
try to fix bump depth..its way too high, offcourse fix resolution too. (hint > only white is not enough , say stripe that creates bump should be two colors or more like gradient (more is less there also, try not to use just plain white) and you should use dimension of 512*512 ex. or more not less...see my pic included i hope they help. Also dependns on lighting and camera angle (cause bumpmaps are allways fakes- just normals not actual geometry) Also use your bump like not only file , but try to experiment with layered texture , you can control bumps then much more friendly.hope it helped a little.

Attached Images

:g) Charles
freemind.cz
# 89 24-06-2003 , 05:59 PM
Subscriber
Thanx freemind i appreciate you're help. I will try lowering the bump depth. Right now the Texture is at 1024x1024, so maybe i'll goto 2048. Also gonna crease some edges, and show you guys the cattle bars front and side so you can see how they work a bit more.

# 90 24-06-2003 , 06:04 PM
nope ! 2048 its for film resolution, not for this

:g) Charles
freemind.cz