Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 91 24-06-2003 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
Okay yah you are right Free, i lowered the bump and its gonna be fine like that. I am gonna remove the scratches cause they are not to my liking. The mud does look good up close, but i'll hold of posting a closeup untill i get rid of the ugly scratches.

The first 2 are the old bump depth, and the 3rd is the new. What do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 92 24-06-2003 , 07:38 PM
I was having a thought, the "jump jets" come lower on the ground than the wheels, how does it drive?

# 93 25-06-2003 , 03:11 AM
Subscriber
they retract, and those blox rotate look on the first page for compact version

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 94 25-06-2003 , 05:24 AM
hmmm... i think the 3rd one is much better...

# 95 25-06-2003 , 06:20 AM
Subscriber
Cool, i'm glad it looks better now. I'm gonna add a spare tire on the back(Amy's idea). Maybe some bars around the top, similar to a roof rack, so people could climb up? I'm Creasing edges little by little, i don't really know wich ones to do. This thing is REALLY pushing the boundries of what my machine can handle!

Mud looks good now i think.

ANY C&C OUT THERE?

Attached Thumbnails

# 96 25-06-2003 , 09:24 AM
yup these loks better! add some bump to rest of vehicle also..maybe procedural bump like grain or so combined with marble (layered texture i was talking before) would ad some not so clean look

:g) Charles
freemind.cz
# 97 25-06-2003 , 11:54 AM
looking cool user added image you might wanna invert the bump and apply to the spec color..
cuz you dont want the scratches n mudd and stuff to be shiny right?

sleep is for lam3rs
# 98 25-06-2003 , 03:58 PM
Subscriber
Hah, hey vector... this is a great concept! I think the best thing this ship could be is a on-land/water vehicle. IF you made the tire treads have almost fan blades on it.. it seems like it could push it through water. Anyways, i like the bump mapping you added under the vehicle, but yea aL_3891 seems like hes giving good advice (y).

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 99 25-06-2003 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber
I look into the marble/fractal layered shader. I'm not great with the whole hypershad/layered shader thing yet, but i'd like to explore it.

M, I don't quite like the fan blades on the tires, hmm......maybe some other means of "water propulsion". That would make this even more ATV! Great idea thanx bro. It could be Land/Water/Jump jets capable! wOot

Any ideas on other bump mapping (non procedural) i couldn't really think of anything........

# 100 26-06-2003 , 05:03 PM
Subscriber
does anyone like this better than the rockets!?!? Please let me know.

Attached Thumbnails

# 101 26-06-2003 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber
here are some more

Attached Thumbnails

# 102 26-06-2003 , 05:36 PM
Subscriber
and the detail

Attached Thumbnails

# 103 26-06-2003 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber

the cannon

good idea, but look for some photos of real tanks to get an idea for the barrel. I think it needs more detail. Also, the camo looks good, but the green is too bright I think. Most camo is darker. Otherwise..your advertising yourself user added image

# 104 26-06-2003 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber
I like the gun. You could take a look at some pics of the Russian 4 wheeled ARV the BRDM or the BRM/BMP for mount ideas as the 'turret' looks a bit small. Depends which you think is more 'extreme'.

https://www.suurland.com/

Has some decent armour blueprints that show gun mounts.

If you wanted to keep your rockets though you could perhaps use a pod launcher design a bit like the one you can see in this pic (these are smoke launchers on the British Scimitar ARV, circled in red) and that way you could have both. Hope you don't mind me attaching a picture.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Witchy; 26-06-2003 at 05:46 PM.
# 105 26-06-2003 , 05:40 PM
Subscriber

good barrel shot

this might help

Attached Images